Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

Hughes was probably the right man at the wrong time, and would arguably have been more successful and popular if he'd replaced Keegan in 2005. His sacking was inevitable from the moment the takeover was announced so I always had a little bit of sympathy for the way he was treated.

Eriksson was a weird one essentially because his reputation seemed far higher than his actual achievements. Indeed, City's performances seemed to mirror his time as England Manager with the occasional moment of magic regularly eclipsed by square pegs in round holes desperately clinging on to a 1-0 lead or looking clueless, disinterested and outmuscled

Pellegrini was too passive and downbeat especially in his last season which seemed to last an eternity.

However, Pearce was on a different level in 2006-07

Plan A Diagonal long ball to the left wing hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag.
Plan B Diagonal long ball to the right wing hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag

I wouldn't mind, but we didn't even have anyone who could take a decent corner or a long throw.

Hughes was probably the right man at the wrong time, and would arguably have been more successful and popular if he'd replaced Keegan in 2005. His sacking was inevitable from the moment the takeover was announced so I always had a little bit of sympathy for the way he was treated.

Eriksson was a weird one essentially because his reputation seemed far higher than his actual achievements. Indeed, City's performances seemed to mirror his time as England Manager with the occasional moment of magic regularly eclipsed by square pegs in round holes desperately clinging on to a 1-0 lead or looking clueless, disinterested and outmuscled

Pellegrini was too passive and downbeat especially in his last season which seemed to last an eternity.

However, Pearce was on a different level in 2006-07

Plan A Diagonal long ball to the left wing hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag.
Plan B Diagonal long ball to the right wing hoping to win a throw-in near the corner flag

I wouldn't mind, but we didn't even have anyone who could take a decent corner or a long throw.
You're being way, way too kind to Hughes.

Fuck him.

Shit manager and a rag ****.

The day we sent him packing and got Mancini in is up there as a City celebratory moment I'll never forget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.