Last night's u23 game v Derby

As far as I understand, our U19 is now our EDS as we push for more competition and readiness for the first team; enabling the players to be more used to a physical challenge against bigger opponents. It also satisfies some of the concern about lack of progression from the outstanding U16 squad of last year.

Last nights lineup and ages:

Billy O’Brien 20

James Horsfield 20
Cameron Humphreys 17
Charlie Oliver 18
Marcus Wood 18

Jacob Davenport 17
Rodney Kongolo 18
Paolo Fernandes 17 (for 3 more days anyway)

Aaron Nemane 18
Javairo Dilrosun 18
Lukas Nmecha 17

Derby's XI:

Mitchell 21

Santos 21
Olsson 28
Guy 19
Rawson 20

Hanson 20
Gordon 18 (?)
Elsnik 18

Jakobsen 18
Vernam 19
Babos 18

Not that much older as I'd have expected but it is only the first season of the U23 league I suppose. The 28 year old was getting fitness back after a concussion apparently.

I wonder if we may give Ilkay and Vinny a run out in this league. That used to happen many years ago in the reserves and would be good to help their match sharpness

Last nights lineup and ages:

Billy O’Brien 20

James Horsfield 20
Cameron Humphreys 17
Charlie Oliver 18
Marcus Wood 18

Jacob Davenport 17
Rodney Kongolo 18
Paolo Fernandes 17 (for 3 more days anyway)

Aaron Nemane 18
Javairo Dilrosun 18
Lukas Nmecha 17

Derby's XI:

Mitchell 21

Santos 21
Olsson 28
Guy 19
Rawson 20

Hanson 20
Gordon 18 (?)
Elsnik 18

Jakobsen 18
Vernam 19
Babos 18

Not that much older as I'd have expected but it is only the first season of the U23 league I suppose. The 28 year old was getting fitness back after a concussion apparently.

Most ridiculous thing ever calling it an U23 league. All the players will be 17-20.

Most ridiculous thing ever calling it an U23 league. All the players will be 17-20.
It was U21 last season so there won't immediately be teams full of U23's. They'll be between 17 and 21 mostly this season but the top end will get nearer to U23 in a season or two. If City continue with playing the younger lads up a level then the age difference will grow.

I wonder if we may give Ilkay and Vinny a run out in this league. That used to happen many years ago in the reserves and would be good to help their match sharpness

They weren't called The Stiffs for no reason. Aaaah, the good ol' days of The Central League! I'm still furious with that fuckin ref who allowed Alex Dawson to punch in a goal for MANUre at Maine Road!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.