Last season all over again?

taconinja said:
You are one of the most tedious people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter on the internet. You certainly seem to have loads of time to go on and on and on and on and on about how maligned and under-appreciated your piddly club is. Why don't we just stop the season now and just hand you the PL trophy and the CL trophy? Hell, why not throw in the FA cup as well since obviously you're going to win that as well despite being eliminated since your team is Just That Damn Awesome.

Only question I have is how you find the time to bore us to death instead of wanking yourself silly over how awesome you are.
Not a fan of marcspurs then, I take it?

jimharri said:
It's like he sits there with google algorithms poring over the internet searching for someone not giving Spurs what he deems proper respect. I hate the rags. But you know what? At least they've got the silverware to back up their constant arrogance. Spurs? Screw them. I'm tired of listening to their crusaders launching themselves at any Blue on this board that doesn't look starry-eyed at Bale or Redknapp or their pissy little club.

taconinja said:
jimharri said:
It's like he sits there with google algorithms poring over the internet searching for someone not giving Spurs what he deems proper respect. I hate the rags. But you know what? At least they've got the silverware to back up their constant arrogance. Spurs? Screw them. I'm tired of listening to their crusaders launching themselves at any Blue on this board that doesn't look starry-eyed at Bale or Redknapp or their pissy little club.

Similar type of fan to a lot of the blue dippers we get on here.

Can anyone be arsed to compare our points total thus far to that of last season based on fixtures played...ie, we've played rags home and away, played arsenal home and away and played spurs away.

Probably not much better but I think we've got a decent looking run-in from now til end of season. Consider Chelsea still have to play the rags twice and they look likely to drop some points.

Hey guys,

I know this is random but I can't yet start a thread.

Would any blues mind checking out my blog?! It's my first post today and I would like to get people the opinion of people I like/trust, city fans basically, before I promote it to any other fans.

The first post is entitled 'Manchester Derby, spitting & goodbye to a legend' and can be found at http://www.thesportguru.co.uk

If you like the article please leave me a comment or, better yet, plug it for me in a new topic on here!

Cheers blues, dont be too brutal!

TSG

Everyone chill. This is not last season. Or at least not yet, anyway.

Pam said:
Everyone chill. This is not last season. Or at least not yet, anyway.

It's not a disaster just yet Pam, but having got ourselves into a fabulous position we have since January managed to toss it all away. We are now level pegging give or take with Spurs and Chelsea and have it all to do all over again. Let's hope we can do it.

We've got the same number of points from the same number of games as last season. But if you compare the results from last season against the same sides we've actually picked up 3 points more.

If we get the same results in the remaining games as we did last season, we'll end up on 70 points. That's 4 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat at home. With 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat away.

Personally I think we'll wins 5 at home and get 1 draw. Away, I think we'll get two wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat. Giving us another 24 points and a total of 73 points. This is not really ripping up trees form and distinctly do-able.

Assuming we do this Spuds would need 27 points over the remaining 12 games, thats an average of 2.25 points per game, do-able but difficult. Chelsea would need 29 points from 12 games at an average of 2.42 points per game.

I must stress we cannot get beat against either Chelsea or Spuds though!

Agree with all that Browny.

I guess there will always be ebbs and flows in every season with different teams having good runs and then not-so-good spells.

But unfortunately all of the above means that having got ourselves into a great position, it has slipped somewhat into now being an "OK" position. It's very worrying to me that we have to go to Chelsea away and it's a must-not-lose game. Similarly Spurs - although at least it's at home.

You would have hoped after all this time spending and building that we were a bit more comfortable than 4th hanging by a thread again. I can see us getting 4th. Or even 3rd. But I can also see us getting 5th.

Let's hope and pray it's 3rd or 4th. I fear major disruption (manager? players?) if we don't get 4th, which would be a very bad thing. We really can't afford to be starting again, again.

The simple fact is Mancini has delivered 1.81 points per game this season (1.80 last season) and that equals 68/69 points at the end of the season.

Unless we see an improvement in that statistic to 2 points in the remaining games then we are unlikely to make it unless Chelsea continue to perform poorly.

we only have spurs at home thats the only big game at home apart from spuds we should win all are 6 home games and we need to continue our descent away form . 3 would be better than 4th because the 4th placed team have a play off match for league stage .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.