Last time we played Chelsea at wembley 23rd march 1986

unsworthblue

who went? I actually left the ground at 5-1 down,mad weekend as we played United the day before and drew 2-2 (imagine that nowadays?) no me neither! David Speedy,horrible little man always disliked him!!!

I had just moved to London, got on my bike for work, as Tebbitt (the tw*t) told us. Ended up sat in the Chelsea end!!!! yes, proper Northerner, believed the tout when he said ticket was for the City end - D'OH!

Went YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! inside when we went 1 up and hoped for the best.

Due to the banter as the next five goals flew in, thought I'd cheer when we got our 2nd - BAD MOVE! - then sat there as we scored another two absolutely bricking it! Never wanted City to lose ever but...............................................

Managed to get out unscathed and then walked slap bang into it outside!

Horrible day all round

Yes I went as an eleven year old (and stayed till the end). It was absolute bedlam outside after.

I was there the full members cup it was.I agreed to go as i was pissed and talked into it in Royals nightclub in Wythenshawe by Alan Harrison.Someone had dropped out and it was a free ticket and a lift there and back so i thought,why not?

Anyway one load of booze and an Indian curry later i am dying in bed when my mother is waking me up saying some lads are at the door saying you are going to wembley or something.Now regretting my mad decision i dragged myself up,into some clothes and into the car and away we went.

I think we only had about 22-25 thousand turn up and the Chelsea end was rammed.My memory is hazy but i think we went 1-0,then 4-1 and 5-1 down,some of the goals in quick succesion and 4 scored by Speedie,i think Mark Lillis got a hat trick as well for us.We left at 5-1 to beat the traffic and were astonished on stopping on the way home to see it ended 5-4.

Shit competition,shit day out but in those days you grabbed any chance to go to wembley you could!

paulchapo said:
I was there the full members cup it was.I agreed to go as i was pissed and talked into it in Royals nightclub in Wythenshawe by Alan Harrison.Someone had dropped out and it was a free ticket and a lift there and back so i thought,why not?

Anyway one load of booze and an Indian curry later i am dying in bed when my mother is waking me up saying some lads are at the door saying you are going to wembley or something.Now regretting my mad decision i dragged myself up,into some clothes and into the car and away we went.

I think we only had about 22-25 thousand turn up and the Chelsea end was rammed.My memory is hazy but i think we went 1-0,then 4-1 and 5-1 down,some of the goals in quick succesion and 4 scored by Speedie,i think Mark Lillis got a hat trick as well for us.We left at 5-1 to beat the traffic and were astonished on stopping on the way home to see it ended 5-4.

Shit competition,shit day out but in those days you grabbed any chance to go to wembley you could!

Had we had Fergie time mate,we`d have beaten the fuckers.Never seen any team play so well for the last 10 minute of any game.

paulchapo said:

Lillis scored twice, the other an own goal (Kinsey had put us 1-0 up earlier).

We also played the rags at The Swamp the day before, 2-0 down before Arthur Albiston got our equaliser and became a Blue hero, his name ringing around the old stadium the following day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.