Last time we played Chelsea at wembley 23rd march 1986

unsworthblue said:
who went? I actually left the ground at 5-1 down,mad weekend as we played United the day before and drew 2-2 (imagine that nowadays?) no me neither! David Speedy,horrible little man always disliked him!!!

I was there and at Old Trafford 24hrs before when Arthur Albiston scored his own goal from 20 yards out

Maccblue said:
unsworthblue said:
who went? I actually left the ground at 5-1 down,mad weekend as we played United the day before and drew 2-2 (imagine that nowadays?) no me neither! David Speedy,horrible little man always disliked him!!!

I was there and at Old Trafford 24hrs before when Arthur Albiston scored his own goal from 20 yards out

I was at both but like the OP left the Final at 5-1 as I'd ended up parked on one of the top decks of Wembley's multi-storey car park and didn't fancy the wait to get out after losing. Turned out to be a good move in a way as we missed all the trouble.

Had to feel sorry for Kenny Clements that weekend, he was a non-playing sub in the '76 League Cup Final, missed the '81 Cup Final as he'd left to join Oldham by then and went off at the Swamp with an injury that kept him out of the FMC Final, the poor bugger was destined not to play at Wembley.

Was Hackett (spelling ) the ref for that game ?. Positive we should have had a stonewall pen in the last few mins.
Bitter ? Me ?

and why am I up at this time of the morning ?

I too was at the Swamp the day before and the 2 all felt like a win. Hopefully having beaten the Rags in the run up to Sunday's game we can beat Chelsea at Wembley this time.

Loved the comeback in the FMC and yes we should have had a penalty in the game. Shame it wasn't quite as good as the Gillingham comeback - in terms of the outcome if not goals scored.

The maddest thing i have ever seen was at this game, a lad i knew disapeared while watching the game and came back 10 minutes later with a load of chelsea bobble hats. He had only jumped into there end the mad bastard.

I had a ticket and booked to stay over in Banbury. Unfortunately, I got a job and had to start my apprenticeship the day after so gave the ticket to my cousin. Listened to Brian Clarke commentary on Piccadilly radio instead. Lucky escape.

Did any buses actually escape without getting a window broken? We were stood in the queue for the tube after the match and there were groups of Chelsea bricking almost every City bus that came by. Seem to remember the junior blues coach getting attacked as well.
As to the match, another 5 minutes we would have definately got an equaliser imo

It was a good day out. Tickets cheap and easy to get. Standing on the terraces in the sun. Plenty of space at the City end. Carnival atmosphere when we started our comeback. We could have won and rewritten our "history" of winning trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.