Last time we played Spurs......

GX Blue

It wasnt a great night as im sure you can all remember but alot has changed since then.
The team which played that night is alot different to the side which will play on wednesday.

Given
Richards - Toure - Onuaha - Sylvinho
Ireland - De Jong - Barry
Robinho - Adebayor - Tevez

Our defence on Wednesday will be alot more organised as thats what has improved most since Mancini has taken over.
Zabaleta - Toure - Kompany - Bridge.
3 of them didnt play against Spurs the first time round.

In the midfield we now add Johnson and Bellamy who set up, id say, the majority of our goals. Robinho was none existant against them at White Hart Lane. Patrick Viera has hit form at last and hates them so will be doing everything in his power to stop them. Nige will cancel out Palacios' energy. Krankjar who scored 2 for them and was MOTM isnt playing so theres another plus.

As for the strikers Tevez was still finding his feet at the time and Adebayor was having that mid season off patch he was having. Times have changed for them 2 and are now an impressive partnership who will really give them problems.

I believe we will have to much for them and even though it will be close we should be able to do it. Everyone is saying how great Spurs are at the moment as they beat Chelsea 2-1 and Arsenal 2-1. Just like to mention that we also beat them both at home as well except we banged 4 in against Arsenal...

Its easy to get side tracked by the media who will make Tottenham sound like they're unbeatable in the next few days but lets just remind ourselves we're a good team and if we play half decent against them 4th place will be ours.

C'Mon City, I believe!!!
Fuckin hate Spurs as well...!

GX Blue said:
It wasnt a great night as im sure you can all remember but alot has changed since then.
The team which played that night is alot different to the side which will play on wednesday.

Given
Richards - Toure - Onuaha - Sylvinho
Ireland - De Jong - Barry
Robinho - Adebayor - Tevez

Our defence on Wednesday will be alot more organised as thats what has improved most since Mancini has taken over.
Zabaleta - Toure - Kompany - Bridge.
3 of them didnt play against Spurs the first time round.

In the midfield we now add Johnson and Bellamy who set up, id say, the majority of our goals. Robinho was none existant against them at White Hart Lane. Patrick Viera has hit form at last and hates them so will be doing everything in his power to stop them. Nige will cancel out Palacios' energy. Krankjar who scored 2 for them and was MOTM isnt playing so theres another plus.

As for the strikers Tevez was still finding his feet at the time and Adebayor was having that mid season off patch he was having. Times have changed for them 2 and are now an impressive partnership who will really give them problems.

I believe we will have to much for them and even though it will be close we should be able to do it. Everyone is saying how great Spurs are at the moment as they beat Chelsea 2-1 and Arsenal 2-1. Just like to mention that we also beat them both at home as well except we banged 4 in against Arsenal...

Its easy to get side tracked by the media who will make Tottenham sound like they're unbeatable in the next few days but lets just remind ourselves we're a good team and if we play half decent against them 4th place will be ours.

C'Mon City, I believe!!!
Fuckin hate Spurs as well...!
Bit of a pile of shite to start off with,infact it's a lot more than a bit.
The reason we struggled that night are if you bother to look crystal clear & it had fuck all to do with not being organised.

GX Blue said:
Gomez.
Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto.
Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar.
Crouch, Defoe.

I'd imagine it'll be this team Wednesday:

Gomes.
Kaboul, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto.
Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale.
Defoe, Gudjohnsen.

Not sure if they will put Palacios in there to battle against De Jong/Vieira though.

That night was always going to end in disaster when you've got Sylvinho up against Aaron Lennon!!!

PoolHustler said:
That night was always going to end in disaster when you've got Sylvinho up against Aaron Lennon!!!

Well i hope Bridge is fully fit because on his day Lennon is a handful for any defender. Bale is in form too so Zabba better be on point.

I think Gomes is doubtful with a groin strain.

The Fixer said:
Think Ledley King will play, must admit i can see that modric having the game of his life. Seen an article where he says this is the biggest game of his career.

2 games in 4 days if he does, that will be a bit much for Ledleys dodgey knees...
If he does risk it he wont be 100%.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.