Last time we won the league

Monkfish

We were 'overshadowed' apparently by the rags winning the European Cup a few days later

If I offered you the same outcome for this season right now, would you take it?

Overshadowed, my arse. remember it like it was yesterday. Front row , right behind the goals, 25,000 blues. Pitch swarmed at the end, singing all the way back to manchester, one of the best days of my life.

Offto catch the train, see you all at the groud.

bollocks, as the late great brian cough used to say the league's the number 1.

Bollocks, it's only because that ticket tout Chartlton said it.

At the time the league was the most important trophy, European Cup was just a bonus. To me the CL is still a bonus, but now it's more difficult to win. The FA Premier League is the hardest competition to win due to the number of games, standard* and consistency that you have to achieve.

If, by any miraculous chance we won the League, CL, Carling Cup and FA Cup they would still be bleating on that the Community Shield was the most important trophy and that they stopped us from getting a clean sweep.

*Leagues in Europe have up to 3 top teams then lots of also rans. We probably have about 2 teams each season that can't compete with the other 18 and teams in positions 4-10 can usually give the top 3 sides a run for their money in any given game.

Rant over!

As long as we won the league I wouldn't care what anyone else did.

There is no chance of them winning the CL this year IMO though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.