Lateral Thinking Quiz

Leeonepen, the children one is along the lines of the shrodingers cat paradox where there are two possibilities which i would say are 1/2 or 1/3 depending on how you look at it.

Shrodingers cat basically theorises that if you put a cat in a box and close it you have two possibilities either the cat is dead or alive you cannot prove the cat is dead or alive without opening the box you can only theorize. (My basic grasp of this from watching the big bang theory lol)

the second one is because a round manhole won't fall through the opening it is covering if you move it, but you can drop a rectangular manhole down the hole (easily done)

Although i'm guessing there is more than one answer to the 2nd question.......

tweetstreet said:
Leeonepen, the children one is along the lines of the shrodingers cat paradox where there are two possibilities which i would say are 1/2 or 1/3 depending on how you look at it.

Shrodingers cat basically theorises that if you put a cat in a box and close it you have two possibilities either the cat is dead or alive you cannot prove the cat is dead or alive without opening the box you can only theorize. (My basic grasp of this from watching the big bang theory lol)

the second one is because a round manhole won't fall through the opening it is covering if you move it, but you can drop a rectangular manhole down the hole (easily done)

Although i'm guessing there is more than one answer to the 2nd question.......

Blimey, nothing quite like a discussion on schrondinger's cat before breakfast. Although this has nothing to do with quantum theory, I get your point.There's no doubt that the birth of every child is an independent event, thus 50/50 (accepting that in some families their will be quirks, but that isn't covered in the question, so can't be considered).

However, this question really sits as conditional probability, a simple tree diagram (with each event ranked as 50/50) would lead you that the latter answer.

Yeah, I think there is more than one valid answer to the manhole question, but the most commonly accepted one is the fact that you can't rotate it and drop it down the hole.

New High School Exit Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass.

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the
October Revolution

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands (not including its occupants) in the Pacific are named
after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a
commercial airplane?

Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass.
Check your answers below.

I think I've got the cake Q- you make a horizontal slice right through it, and then half and quarter it vertically. That way you have 2 sets of 4 slices

burning blue soul said:
New High School Exit Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass.

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the
October Revolution

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named
after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a
commercial airplane?

Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass.
Check your answers below.
Black boxes are orange, and the Canary Islands are named after dogs (Canis in Latin)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.