Laura Marling.

All of those NME darling are just diluted down poppy rip off merchants. Nick Drake is the way to go imo. Then again you should just listen to what you enjoy and ignore boring cynics like me.

Don't mind her, both albums are good and her appearence in the "peaceful, the world lays me down" album is good.

The first day of spring album by Noah and the Whale is worth a listen, all about Laura Marling splitting up with the lead singer of Noah.

The NME are really pushing this whole 'Nu-Folk' shit and most of its way over hyped!!

Check out Iron and Wine, The Low Anthem or something old like John Martyn or as mentioned Nick Drake.

m27 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Mumford & Sons bore the hell out of me. I really want to like them, but I can't.

They're awful mate.
Buzz aside, are M&S (and Noah & the Whale, for that matter) anything more than posh kids who've suddenly discovered, that, actually, folk music is, like, really good, actually?

As with politicians and the "change" word, Marcus Mumford thinks that if he sings about "heart", "purity" and "passion" enough, some of these may rub off. They don't. And while SNM contains catchy tunes, the overwhelming impression is of young Londoners making a bizarrely Irish-sounding record while desperately wanting to be the Fleet Foxes.

From The Independent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.