Lautaro Martinez

Because too many people here like writing players off after every less than perfect performance, Jesus being a common choice. The grass is always greener to those. Give it a week and you'll have people begging for us to buy Tammy Abraham.

This is a common theme with Jesus. The build up play is there but when it comes to actually being a striker he is incapable of filling that role. If we were to have a wingers who were clinical finishers this wouldn’t be a problem for him. I always believed he would get better but he hasn’t and now it is just handicapping the team whenever Aguero is injured or out of form. We are fucked in a years time when Aguero leaves.

Per whoscored, top 50 goalscorers from leagues they record:

top-50-strikers-goals.png

Ranked by mins per goal:

top-50-strikers-Mins-per-Gl.png

by shot accuracy:

top-50-strikers-shot-accuracy.png

by shots on target conversion rate:

top-50-strikers-SOT-conversion-rate.png

Mins per Shot

top-50-strikers-mins-per-shot.png

Mins per shot on target:

top-50-strikers-mins-per-SOT.png

Martinez at the wrong end of the tables, same weaknesses as Jesus and more of them. Haaland on the other hand, and Sancho...as usual we seem to have a shopping list for Aldi instead of Waitrose.
I think Harland would be huge success in the premier league but I wonder if his “battering ram” style of play would work in a Pep team. I’d love to see him at City.

Per whoscored, top 50 goalscorers from leagues they record:

top-50-strikers-goals.png

Ranked by mins per goal:

top-50-strikers-Mins-per-Gl.png

by shot accuracy:

top-50-strikers-shot-accuracy.png

by shots on target conversion rate:

top-50-strikers-SOT-conversion-rate.png

Mins per Shot

top-50-strikers-mins-per-shot.png

Mins per shot on target:

top-50-strikers-mins-per-SOT.png

Martinez at the wrong end of the tables, same weaknesses as Jesus and more of them. Haaland on the other hand, and Sancho...as usual we seem to have a shopping list for Aldi instead of Waitrose.

You just convinced me that Moussa Dembele should be considered. I would add in Martinez’s defence that he plays as a second/support striker for an Antonio Conte team where Lukaku is the target man. No wonder Inter are interested in Jesus because he fits that role perfectly. The question about Martinez is whether he can play as a striker.

This is a common theme with Jesus. The build up play is there but when it comes to actually being a striker he is incapable of filling that role. If we were to have a wingers who were clinical finishers this wouldn’t be a problem for him. I always believed he would get better but he hasn’t and now it is just handicapping the team whenever Aguero is injured or out of form. We are fucked in a years time when Aguero leaves.

I agree I think he would be a greater winger, like we saw against madrid. He is more clinical than the average winger

I really want a target man if we are going to persist with these crosses in the box. We need to play in 1/4s meaning press and move the ball as fast as we can; we seem to play better after taking the lead.

I love Mahrez, but this cutting back and these inverted play really slows us down. I watched yesterday and I could see many times when we get in final third and defense is a mess, but as soon as we cut in everyone is set.

people say no need for a Silva replacement I agree. however We need a nasty little bastard, someone who when it get difficult can come in and bully people; someone like the old Diego costa.

I may be wrong but we need to do something either with playing style or personnel. I worried because Pep always said if he can continue to motivate a group he will make way. I hope he stays and usher in a new period of epic dominance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.