Lay Off Wenger

HellasLEAF

I gotta say, I think Wenger has handled himself with real class over the summer in what is looking like a very difficult time for him and the club. Most of what has happened is really out of his control and the critics have been mounting.

I also don't like the taunting and rubbing it in City fans seam to be doing more of nowadays. We are the richest club in the world now and have had to endure many years of hardship yes, but that should make us more understanding I would think.

Just the general attitude, signing other teams top players because of the wages and increasing chances for success we now have. Taking as we please. Nasri, Lescott, Silva, Clichy, Aguero...

Let's enjoy our clubs new found status and luxuries, but keep some humility about it. Or not, but I won't gloat about signing Nasri away from the Gunners and calling Wenger a bitter fool, Moyes a bitter fool, etc...

It's the reason I despised Chelski when Abromovich took over. I don't want that to be City. I want them to admire us.

Nasri was going to leave next season anyways. I don't feel good nor bad towards Arsenal. I frankly don't care. That said, it will be their own fault if they don't use wisely the Cesc and Nasri money to strengthen their club.

Agree with what you say but it may be better in the genral forum in the arsenal thread.

I don't deny that Wenger is a very good manager, but he comes out with stupid comments on a regular basis! Don't see why that shouldn't be commented on.

Some clubs, managers and fans don't have a fucking clue what "difficult" is. Go and ask Neil Warnock about his time at Sheff United in the Premier League; go and ask a few Stockport fans about how they feel at the moment... now go and ask Wenger what it's like to be managing players like Szczęsny, Vermaelen, Frimpong, Wilshire, Ramsey, van Persie...

Wenger has done a good job with Arsenal but I cannot help but feel he is coming to the end of his reign with that club and will move to Paris Saint Germain as Director Of Football shortly after the season finishes irrespective of his accomplishments this season.

I respect Wenger for certain things that he does.

But he deserves abuse for his constant harping on UEFA to enforce FFP and criticizing the Etihad deal without knowing the details. In that, he's a lying, hypocritical prick.

Some of the stuff posted here is a bit on the sad side. Personally, I prefer to focus on the own team rather than slagging opponents. Slagging opponents is a sign of fear. A sign that you don't fully believe in your own team. We have nothing to fear. The world is at our feet.

I do feel Mancini adds class. Humble, soft spoken and hard working. And he dresses sharp too. ;)

Being the most loyal, passionate, gracious and classy supporters is not a bad goal to aim at...

HellasLEAF said:
I gotta say, I think Wenger has handled himself with real class over the summer in what is looking like a very difficult time for him and the club. Most of what has happened is really out of his control and the critics have been mounting.

I also don't like the taunting and rubbing it in City fans seam to be doing more of nowadays. We are the richest club in the world now and have had to endure many years of hardship yes, but that should make us more understanding I would think.

Just the general attitude, signing other teams top players because of the wages and increasing chances for success we now have. Taking as we please. Nasri, Lescott, Silva, Clichy, Aguero...

Let's enjoy our clubs new found status and luxuries, but keep some humility about it. Or not, but I won't gloat about signing Nasri away from the Gunners and calling Wenger a bitter fool, Moyes a bitter fool, etc...

It's the reason I despised Chelski when Abromovich took over. I don't want that to be City. I want them to admire us.

I think we displayed plenty of 'class' when we gave Arsenal a standing ovation when they took us apart in 2000/1.

I also remember Robert Pires getting a standing ovation when he was substituted in our last season at Maine Road.

But as soon as there was a prospect of us crashing their party their fans looked down their noses at us and claimed we had no 'class'. It's a bit like a rich person who has inherited his wealth, who has a guy that does his gardening who he indulges with small talk and asks him about his kids etc but when the gardener wins the lottery, rather than being pleased for him, he actually resents it. He shows his true colours as a person when he does that.

I also distinctly remember the dismissive way they spoke about us when we signed their 'cast-offs'. 'Kolo's past it - but he'll do a good job for you'. Now we are attracting their better talent that disdain has turned to bitterness - and yet the colour of our money hasn't changed and no-one has forced their club to accept the money. So it's ok to take our dirty money for them to sell us players who are, in their eyes, shit, but we are a disgrace to football when we sign one of their top players. That speaks volumes about their 'class'.

I could talk ad nauseum about Arsenal's culture of cheating under Henry Norris in the 1920's but let's look more recently about their track record as a club who do things the 'right' way. Poaching the likes of Nicolas Anelka from PSG by utilising the system to their best ends. How is that any different from how we have acted in relation to Nasri? Arsenal fans would do well to remember how they stumbled across Sol Campbell and their completely unfettered glee and gloating when they did. Was that 'classy'?

It is against that backdrop that City fans are acting the way they are and unfortunately Wenger is collateral damage in that process. I think most people on here recognise him as a decent man who has always ensured his teams play beautiful football, but if you want to look to why he is not being accorded the respect he undoubtedly deserves then you only need to look as far as the fans of the club he manages who have dismissed us as unworthy of our place at the top table when in reality we deserve it as much as any fans in football.

Because when the chips were down we, as supporters, displayed 'class' in abundance by standing by our club in circumstances that no Arsenal fan could comprehend, and no-one is going to tell me that I don't belong to their exclusive club because I do, and they better get fucking used to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.