Layvin Kurzawa

FantasyIreland

Kurzawa on Chelsea and Man City's wanted list

PREMIER LEAGUE clubs chasing Southampton's Luke Shaw are starting to look elsewhere for a left-back.

By Paul Hetherington/Published 20th April 2014

Layvin Kurzawa is now being touted as a candidate for the France World Cup squad

That is because there is a growing acceptance that Manchester United are in pole position to sign the Saints starlet.

And the young defender now being assessed by Chelsea and Man City on a regular basis is Monaco's Layvin Kurzawa.

It means £50million striker Radamel Falcao is not the only attraction for the big clubs in the Monaco team.

Kurzawa, 21, has represented France at junior levels and is now being touted as a candidate to gatecrash Les Bleus' World Cup squad.

He is valued at £18m after starting his career at Monaco, at the age of 15, as a midfielder.

But his pace and tackling ability saw him converted into an aggressive, attacking left-back.

European champions Bayern Munich have also been linked with the highly-promising Kurzawa.

He has also been watched by United but £25m-rated Shaw, 18, is the priority left-back for Old Trafford boss David Moyes.

Shaw's preferred destination, if he is to leave the Saints, is understood to be Old Trafford.

Another left-back in demand, as revealed in the Daily Star Sunday a fortnight ago, is Seville's Alberto Moreno, 21.

Once again, there is strong interest there from Chelsea, City - and their title rivals Liverpool.

But it seems that Kurzawa is fast becoming a wanted man for the big-time predators

Danamy said:
You're not wrong about there being a merry-go-round

I'm hearing Kurzawa is on the move to England for 30 big ones and with a few clubs looking at that position this summer and with only a few that can afford that sort of money, this is how i see it going by the info i've received to date:

Kurzawa > City
Coentrao > Dippers
Shaw > Rags

Everyone who's thinking Shaw to Chelsea is a given are mistaken. Mourinho's been impressed by Azpilicueta and they've even asked Cole to extend his contract by one year, so it's not a position they currently see that needs the big bucks.
They're going balls deep for Falcao and that doesn't come cheap

Sleeping_Easy said:
FantasyIreland said:
... Shaw's preferred destination, if he is to leave the Saints, is understood to be Old Trafford....

Quite clearly bullshit. He's a chelsea fan and wants to go there.

He might support Chelsea but going off the impression Mourinho's comments gave in January it sounds like Chelsea are going to strictly abide by FFPR now meaning they are going to have to sell to buy, to get Matic in January they had to sell Mata for example.

Chelsea are not going to spend £25m on a left back when Azpilicueta has had an overall very good season for them, plus Cole is likely to be given a one year extension.

Chelsea will put most of their Summer funds in buying new strikers with Costa looking like their number one target.

Shaw will be at United I reckon.

Kun Aguero said:
Danamy said:
You're not wrong about there being a merry-go-round

I'm hearing Kurzawa is on the move to England for 30 big ones and with a few clubs looking at that position this summer and with only a few that can afford that sort of money, this is how i see it going by the info i've received to date:

Kurzawa > City
Coentrao > Dippers
Shaw > Rags

Everyone who's thinking Shaw to Chelsea is a given are mistaken. Mourinho's been impressed by Azpilicueta and they've even asked Cole to extend his contract by one year, so it's not a position they currently see that needs the big bucks.
They're going balls deep for Falcao and that doesn't come cheap

He deserves his own fred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.