League 2 final at OT

kippaxwarrior said:
Just seen a couple of "Stevenage" fans with rag shirts on
WTF!

I know what you mean. Stevenage isn't far away enough.

The final should've been at Villa Park or somewhere central.

Really nice to see two sides who were in the Conference only two seasons ago (in Stevenage's case only last season!) in the play off final. It really does show that the gap between the Blue Square Premier and League Two really isn't that big.

As for the game, it wasn't a classic, Stevenage were probably the better side in the first half and deserved to be in the lead, very good goal by Mousinho. In the second half Torquay came out more and responded well, had a couple of good chances to equalise, as well as Robinson hitting the bar, but Stevenage generally defended well and hung on to their lead. I hope they do well in League One.

Hopefully tommorow's final will be a bit better.

Barnet are my second side so to see Stevenage fly past them is needless to say a little gutting.

I do actuaaly go to more City games a season than Torquay but saw this as a chance to get to old trafford as I dont have enough loyalty points to get there with City.
Approx 7500 Torquay fans made the 270mile trip which was a decent effort and
I am probably being synical but I never expected Torquay to win,and the way they played seemed like they were holding back.To get promotion would put the club under extreme pressure financially as attendances would need to be arround 4000 to break even (normally Torquay average 2500). This season was all about progression and to make the playoffs semi final and final was great as the revenue from the televised games was a bonus.
Plymouth,Bristol Rovers and Swindon getting relegated. Cheltenham and Hereford already in div2 are Local (ish) derbys make more sense than going to Huddersfield, hartlepool and both Sheffield clubs.
Great goal by Stevenage and good luck to them next season
Being stuck on The M6 for over an hour due to the motorway being closed for a crash was the reason the game was delayed and not a poor joke at crowed congestion.
On a brighter note I did manage to watch the champions league final at a little place just around the corner from Old Trafford
The Bishops Blaize what a cracking evening bitter was not just on draught

apples said:
I do actuaaly go to more City games a season than Torquay but saw this as a chance to get to old trafford as I dont have enough loyalty points to get there with City.
Approx 7500 Torquay fans made the 270mile trip which was a decent effort and
I am probably being synical but I never expected Torquay to win,and the way they played seemed like they were holding back.To get promotion would put the club under extreme pressure financially as attendances would need to be arround 4000 to break even (normally Torquay average 2500). This season was all about progression and to make the playoffs semi final and final was great as the revenue from the televised games was a bonus.
Plymouth,Bristol Rovers and Swindon getting relegated. Cheltenham and Hereford already in div2 are Local (ish) derbys make more sense than going to Huddersfield, hartlepool and both Sheffield clubs.
Great goal by Stevenage and good luck to them next season
Being stuck on The M6 for over an hour due to the motorway being closed for a crash was the reason the game was delayed and not a poor joke at crowed congestion.
On a brighter note I did manage to watch the champions league final at a little place just around the corner from Old Trafford
The Bishops Blaize what a cracking evening bitter was not just on draught

i hope you had a jolly good scrub when you got home to The Riviera

apples said:
.....The Bishops Blaize.......
shaun_of_the_dead_zombies.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.