League cup - Crystal Palace pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This -
Pardew is determined to get a win here. -He cannot expect a top 4 finish in the league - so If we play Willy , Demi , and any youngsters we will be there to lose. Pellers will have some tough decisions to make.
I can see Willy playing though - along with Mangala. Will Pellers trust Vinny to play 2 games in 4 days.?. I am assuming Nasri , Delph and Clichy are not fit.
Problem for Pellers.

I usually think we should take the Capital One cup seriously. its good to have a trophy in the cabinet reasonably early in the season. But it seemed that a few of the team were jaded yesterday, and the priority just has to be making sure that we're in the best shape possible for the trip to Seville. Ideally without dropping points on Saturday. I wouldn't blame MP if he takes a few selection risks against Palace.

Hart
Zaba Oti Mangala Kolarov
Roberts YaYa Fernando KDB Sterling
Nacho

Nacho and Sterling seemed to link up well Pre Season

I want to win the cup, i want to win every cup possible but i don't see playing the likes of Willy, MDM and giving starts to Kelechi and potentially Roberts at a push as throwing away the league cup. They're all first team players and combined with regular starters should be able to see us through. MDM was our best defender last season and Kelechi just needs a chance to show he's more than capable of leading the line for us. It's only if he started throwing in kids from the academy alongside less regular starters would you be able to say he's potentially throwing it away.

Garcia and Barker aren't involved for the u21s tonight against Chelsea, so presume they'll be in the squad for Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.