League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Tickets should be offered to all who attended the game in 80s at the Manor Ground, no finer blues in my opinion, old school lads who know the score, not the Jonny come lately types. That week with Brum away and Oxford away were legendary at the time. Not for the fainted hearted.

Tickets should be offered to all who attended the game in 80s at the Manor Ground, no finer blues in my opinion, old school lads who know the score, not the Jonny come lately types. That week with Brum away and Oxford away were legendary at the time. Not for the fainted hearted.

I remember going to Oxford in the 80's.

Ha ha, the only thing I remember about that Brum game was that I had a newish car, about 2 month old, and I wasn't taking it anywhere near St Andrews as the place was like a war zone at the time. I ended up parking it in a city centre multi-storey and walking up the hill to the ground. The Oxford defeat was a shocker and started a winless run that nearly wrecked our promotion chances,ending in that 4-1 hammering at fucking Grimsby when City fans ended up fighting each other. Happy days!

Ha ha, the only thing I remember about that Brum game was that I had a newish car, about 2 month old, and I wasn't taking it anywhere near St Andrews as the place was like a war zone at the time. I ended up parking it in a city centre multi-storey and walking up the hill to the ground. The Oxford defeat was a shocker and started a winless run that nearly wrecked our promotion chances,ending in that 4-1 hammering at fucking Grimsby when City fans ended up fighting each other. Happy days!
Went to all those games but I think the fighting at Grimsby was with City fans an£ a wedding party IIRC. Carnage that night at Birmingham though.

Loved the 84/85 promotion season. Went to both the home /away against Oxford. Pompy away win was the standout game for me with Simmo scoring a late winner.

Those were the days :)

Went to all those games but I think the fighting at Grimsby was with City fans an£ a wedding party IIRC. Carnage that night at Birmingham though.
Yes, you're right about the fight with the wedding party - one of the more surreal City moments! - but there was also a bit of blue-on-blue scrapping not far from where I was, I think it started as a row about Swales - one group were defending him, incredibly.

Loved the 84/85 promotion season. Went to both the home /away against Oxford. Pompy away win was the standout game for me with Simmo scoring a late winner.

Those were the days :)

The scenes behind the goal there when the winner went in......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.