Learning another Language

King Of The Kippax

I'm just wondering if anyone speaks any other language fluently and if there are any tips for a a beginner?

I'm wanting to learn Spanish as I'm planning to travel to South America in the next few years.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has any hidden talents & also can offer any advice....?

Gracias

Scouse is very hard;)
I speak passable german from my school days and a bit of portuguese from going out with a brazilian girl for a few years, spanish it's meant to be one of the easier ones and I found portuguese to be alright.
Oh, try not to learn from books, find someone who can speak the language and practise.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.duolingo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.duolingo.com/</a>

It's free and it actually works.

King Of The Kippax said:
I'm just wondering if anyone speaks any other language fluently and if there are any tips for a a beginner?

I'm wanting to learn Spanish as I'm planning to travel to South America in the next few years.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has any hidden talents & also can offer any advice....?

Gracias

Not telling, they're hidden

I started Spanish from absolute scratch with Michel Thomas, the accent and pronunciation is a bit dodgy, but for learning the core stucture of the language, i found it really helpful and effective. Gives you a limited vocabulary but teaches you the framework if you want to learn to speak well, rather than just get by with words and phrases.

How about a part time evening class? I'm taught creative writing for two hours a week and we workshop all our pieces as a group. The tutoring, group support and homework is invaluable as I'd never have managed this on my own.

Me llamo Peoffrey y tengo trece anos.

aguero93:20 said:
Oh, try not to learn from books, find someone who can speak the language and practise.

Key, I'd say. Someone who is willing to just talk the language with you.

I can speak French, and when I was always found actually going out and speaking it a lot more helpful than just learning in the classroom/from books.

You get a much better feel for how the language is structured in sentences, plus pronunciation

On that duolingo site, you have "exchanges" where you will get a Spanish speaker trying to learn English whilst you are trying to learn Spanish. You send your pronunciation stuff to them and they check it (and vice versa).

It's a very, very good website.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.