Learning lessons

Ribchester

Somewhere between Denton Gorton and Reddish (DGR)
Team supported
MCFC(1965)
So here we go again the club site leading with the good old lessons learned routine. So for the benefit of all could we see the Documanted list of lessons Pep has taken from last night and what exactly he is planning to do to with this new found information. Could we also see the catalogued lessons took from where this all started.... Norwich away back in September please..
And demonstrate how he has removed or at least try to address such noted “lessons”

ive tired of this old line that’s been used at least 10 times this season and for Europe to be fair to Pep has been spouted for 10 years.... how many fricking lessons are there in the CL curriculum

Spend some fucking money on the best players available for the positions we need to improve and remarkably we'll be a better side. No trying to fit round pegs in square holes, or buying someone because he's 'nice'.

Spend some fucking money on the best players available for the positions we need to improve and remarkably we'll be a better side. No trying to fit round pegs in square holes, or buying someone because he's 'nice'.
Money has been spent but recruitment has been poor with large fees spent on average players, players who are good enough against 80% of teams but not at the very top level. Rodri, Cancelo, Mahrez and Mendy have cost a combined £200m+ It have not improved us whilst no replacements have been found for Vinny, Sergio or Fern.

Money has been spent but recruitment has been poor with large fees spent on average players, players who are good enough against 80% of teams but not at the very top level. Rodri, Cancelo, Mahrez and Mendy have cost a combined £200m+ It have not improved us whilst no replacements have been found for Vinny, Sergio or Fern.

Exactly what I'm saying. Instead of those sort of players you mention we should be after players like Haaland, Sancho, Koulibaly, Alaba, Kane, etc. Not saying we get all of them, but that's the standard we should be looking at.

Just said on another thread that last night felt like Pep wanting to be the hero. It's still unfathomable why he used that formation and that selection. Foden goes from being a false 9 against Real to not even playing a single minute. Collective DMs with no zip.

I can forgive Ederson and Sterling. Mistakes happen. But Pep has to learn a lesson that we can't waste 60 minutes as we did last night and expect a positive result.

Another bloated squad that contains too many competent players that people somehow believe are far better than they are because they’re wearing our shirt. Too much sentimentality as well, with contracts extended to players who should have been moved on long before now.

We’ve created a harmonious and comfortable place, apart from here, but to be consistently successful and win the CL, we need to learn to be ruthless and realise that players peak and never regain/kick on.

Im not sure if pep learn anything from the fa cup semi or last night's massacre..... I really hope I'm wrong

The main lesson for me which apart from Aguero is in 12 years we have never gone and spent big on a true centre forward. The closest we have been is Dzeko ad Negredo with respect neither were hot property when we bought them and only Pellegrini knew how to structure and attacking team to fully exploit a true number 9 type. Don’t think Pep even considers this hence ZERO lessons learnt.... Aguero and Tevez play off this type of player so neither could be classed as a CF. We’re the only team I’ve known to play a game that stretches the pitch wide with wingers and attacking half backs or full backs that has nobody over 5’ 6” in the middle

Exactly what I'm saying. Instead of those sort of players you mention we should be after players like Haaland, Sancho, Koulibaly, Alaba, Kane, etc. Not saying we get all of them, but that's the standard we should be looking at.

we can’t just spend 200m every season on all the best players in the world.We have to balance it out with signing players we can turn into world class players. We used to do that with players like Kompany,Zaba .

spending huge amounts of money doesn’t guarantee winning trophies either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.