Lease/contract hire

1dart

Im thinking of leasing a new car through my business and wondered if any one has any advice? Whats the difference between lease and contract hire? Could do with a list of pro's and con's. Cheers.

If you're doing high mileage it's often not worth it and cheaper to just buy. When leasing you're effectively paying for the depreciation in the value of the car, plus the profits of the company leasing it to you- high mileage causes significant depreciation.

blue fingers said:
If you're doing high mileage it's often not worth it and cheaper to just buy. When leasing you're effectively paying for the depreciation in the value of the car, plus the profits of the company leasing it to you- high mileage causes significant depreciation.

Around 10k miles il be doing. Just don't want to jump straight in like i normally do.

1dart said:
blue fingers said:

Around 10k miles il be doing. Just don't want to jump straight in like i normally do.
So you're getting a convertible.

I'm no expert but as I understand it, Leasing a vehicle is exactly that, whereas contract hire is more of a product that includes vehicle rental but can also have service, maintenance and repair plus glass, tyres etc included. From a business perspective it comes down to convenience and risk. Both pure leasing and CH enables you to reduce your exposure to residual values and asset depreciation (whilst paying another company to carry that risk of course), and CH bundled with service and maintenance gives you overall predictability on cost as well as convenience.

May be worth giving your accountant a shout to see if it's right for you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.