Leasehold house

I keep meaning to get round to enquiring about it. I know the last lease on my street went for about £6k, and that was over 10 years ago.

Massive issues round these currently going through parliament, we moved from our new build and that was one of th3 reasons, total rip off, moved into an older house and bought the leasehold in part of the sale,.

I bought the freehold about 20 years ago, I was lucky in that the freeholder was an old lady who had inherited a couple of hundred freeholds in the local area and was happy enough to offload them at a reasonable price. The process was quite straightforward and cost about £500 plus solicitors fees.

I bought freehold and did all the paperwork myself. Cost me £70 for solicitors to counter sign ID documents but Land Registry documents were fairly straight forward to complete and register. Ours was a new build and neighbours had been charged a fortune for various home improvements by the leaseholder so I decided to buy it outright and save any hassle.

Just moved house recently, and thankfully the previous owners had bought the freehold.

A while ago we aquired a new build which was a leashold property.
It wasn't so much the negligable ground rent that vexed but more the covenants attached to it.
Big list of can and can't does right down to the planting of the lawn areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.