leaving your body to medical science

burning blue soul said:
this has always fascinated me in a macabre way.

instead of the usual pine box, you get dissected and tested on.

then there's the forensic lot wanting to bury your body with a load of bugs to see what happens and when!!!

so, my question is.....would you do it?

No, I wouldn't want to upset my family and I want a proper funeral with crying and everything. However, I'm happy to donate my organs.

I would but my family are not keen on the idea
Doctors have to learn on real bodies if we want them to be the best they can be

I like to think I would, I won't be using it by that point anyway. Plus it may go on too help find a cure for whatever I died from.

burning blue soul said:
this has always fascinated me in a macabre way.

instead of the usual pine box, you get dissected and tested on.

then there's the forensic lot wanting to bury your body with a load of bugs to see what happens and when!!!

so, my question is.....would you do it?

Out of the 4 options (the others being buried in dirt, burnt to nothing and dumped at the bottom of the sea), it's the most useful, so I'd have no problem doing it myself. Also wouldn't have a problem with a loved one taking the same decision. Looked at objectively, the other three options could be seen to be selfish in comparison.

Right, where do I sign up?

I'm registered to donate my organs if I pop my clogs... don't really like the idea of someone picking out my innards after I've died for some reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.