Ledley King

cantona01 said:
Top class defender, but I think he gets more praise than he should BECAUSE he is injured all the time.

Whenever they do bad they are apparently missing a Ledley King type defender - this raises his profile higher than it should. Also, he was a bit poor last night

??

He was fine last night.

Tottenham Dave said:
cantona01 said:
Top class defender, but I think he gets more praise than he should BECAUSE he is injured all the time.

Whenever they do bad they are apparently missing a Ledley King type defender - this raises his profile higher than it should. Also, he was a bit poor last night

??

He was fine last night.

Pretty weak defending for their goal - barely jumped.......I guess he did setup VDV goal though, by having a shit shot lol

It wasn't a shot, just a heavily disguised through ball ;)

Not much that hasn't been said about him really, one of the best in my opinion, obviously held back by his injuries.

He makes everyone around him raise his game up

Spurs 1 City 5

There's a stat for 'em.

Question: Honestly, what do you think the score would have been if we'd played the XI that played yesterday?

spurspinter1 said:
It wasn't a shot, just a heavily disguised through ball ;)

Not much that hasn't been said about him really, one of the best in my opinion, obviously held back by his injuries.

He makes everyone around him raise his game up

Spurs 1 City 5

There's a stat for 'em.

Question: Honestly, what do you think the score would have been if we'd played the XI that played yesterday?
Probably 3-0, seeing as Ade would be ineligible....

spurspinter1 said:
Spurs 1 City 5

There's a stat for 'em.

I had a look on your forums before the game and no one was worried about your line up then. Everyone seemed quite happy that 'arry had named such an attacking team and the general consensus seemed to be "bring it on" which we did and soundly thrashed you.

We were awesome that day and we've proved since then that when we are on song no one can live with us. We maybe wouldn't have racked up such a score but playing as we did we would still have won comfortably.

I think most of you were expecting a replay of the previous seasons game at the lane. Unfortunately for Spurs we've moved on since then.

spurspinter1 said:

I am not following you, I promise....

It could well have been the same, after all we beat United 1-6 and with the exception of Vidic and Cleverly (aka the new Zidane) they had a full team available.

What you have to remember is that we had a key attacking player, Nasri, making his debut when we played you. Like yourselves, we were missing key players too - Balotelli and De Jong. Without wanting to sound arrogant, we also took our foot off the gas for 30 minutes during the second-half. We barely moved out of second gear for the whole game.

pudge said:
Probably 3-0, seeing as Ade would be ineligible....

Ahh didn't consider that in fairness, his build up play is vastly superior to anything else we have to offer, which is a worry.

-- Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:17 pm --

stony said:
spurspinter1 said:
Spurs 1 City 5

There's a stat for 'em.

I had a look on your forums before the game and no one was worried about your line up then. Everyone seemed quite happy that 'arry had named such an attacking team and the general consensus seemed to be "bring it on" which we did and soundly thrashed you.

We were awesome that day and we've proved since then that when we are on song no one can live with us. We maybe wouldn't have racked up such a score but playing as we did we would still have won comfortably.

I think most of you were expecting a replay of the previous seasons game at the lane. Unfortunately for Spurs we've moved on since then.

Which forum did you look on that weren't worried about starting Niko and Modric in the centre of midfield? Niko, whilst a talented player, is probably about 8th in the pecking order for the CM position, some have said Harry put him there to make it clear that it was necessary to spend the 5m to get Parker in. I'm on the fence with that one. And as for Modric, his head wasn't in the right place at that point but we've already covered that in depth on another thread...With that as a basis of midfield and the infamous Kaboul and Dawson partnership I wa surprised you only put five past us. The team that played QPR is a mile away from the team that played you, no excuses though as it was our fault we were in that position to play such a weak team, and you still had to be ruthless to put us away.

We'll have to agree to disagree on you winning comfortably against yesterday's XI, although it is a bit of a moot point with the Ade ineglible factor as pointed out above...

I remember that game at the Lane last season, as usual the opposition keeper played a fucking blinder, typical! Hart was on fire that game.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:22 pm --<br /><br />
Manc in London said:
spurspinter1 said:

I am not following you, I promise....

It could well have been the same, after all we beat United 1-6 and with the exception of Vidic and Cleverly (aka the new Zidane) they had a full team available.

What you have to remember is that we had a key attacking player, Nasri, making his debut when we played you. Like yourselves, we were missing key players too - Balotelli and De Jong. Without wanting to sound arrogant, we also took our foot off the gas for 30 minutes during the second-half. We barely moved out of second gear for the whole game.

ha, its fine, its all interesting debate.

Thats what made the 6-1 score so surprising for me, as Utd really weren't far from full strength but I think it was more the team selection (and your teams performance obviously) which had a profound effect on the game.

I think my points to Stony are pretty relevant to this, Nasri did have a great game though

spurspinter1 said:
We'll have to agree to disagree on you winning comfortably against yesterday's XI, although it is a bit of a moot point with the Ade ineglible factor as pointed out above...

I'm not saying we'd beat you every time, you know yourself anything can happen in football. My point is that the way we played that day, it wouldn't have mattered who was in your line up, we would still have won.
It will be interesting to see what happens when you come to ours. I don't think 'arry has it in him to play it safe and I fully expect you to go for it again. It could be Chelsea vs arsenal all over again.

stony said:
spurspinter1 said:

I'm not saying we'd beat you every time, you know yourself anything can happen in football. My point is that the way we played that day, it wouldn't have mattered who was in your line up, we would still have won.
It will be interesting to see what happens when you come to ours. I don't think 'arry has it in him to play it safe and I fully expect you to go for it again. It could be Chelsea vs arsenal all over again.

I do agree with the rest of your post but do you not think that our team selection was a platform to lift you to performing to such heights?

If you asked the Man City players that day "Would you rather play against a midfield with a disilusioned Croat and a winger with questionable work-rate in Centre mid with very little on the bench or a midfield with a determined Croat and Scott Parker in Cente midfield, and Brazil's future holding midfielder (imo of course...) on the bench to come on and shore things up if needed" I'm pretty sure they'd take the first option.

The XI that played that day should have turned in a much better performance as losing 5-1 at home is a fucking disaster, but having said that I don't think that team had much of a chance of winning that day.

Of course it's subbjective and there is no way of calculating the amount of difference it would have made if we had our full strength XI out, and credit obviously must go to your team for a quality performance but I think having the team out we had last night would have made it a much more enjoyable (less painful) game for me to watch

Its not all gung ho with Harry though, not sure if you watched it but the 1 - 0 victory at the San Siro was a tactical masterclass by 'Arry imo, with Sandro and Palacios producing one of the finest midfield displays I've seen in my time as a Spurs fan

Hear this all the time from people, especially football commentators. Is it just me who doesn't see it?

He does nothing spectacular when he does play and there are better defenders (inc English) in the prem than him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.