Lee Carsley / Ashley Cole take over England U21's

Surely the U21 manager gets to pick his assistants, not the FA? Cole and Carsley did their coaching badges together and have apparently kept in touch. That's according to Carsley anyway.
If they are successful then they'll be no complaints.

Former Everton player and Manchester City youth team manager Lee Carsley has taken over as England U21 manager with Ashley Cole as his number 2.

England U21's have been shite in recent years but maybe the main reason is so many full international players have by passed the U21's
Rashford, Foden, Bellingham (until recently only 17), Sancho, Sako...
How old was Bellingham?

I have heard that Ashley Cole is blossoming as a talented coach, which is surprising as you would not think that from his career or his punditry.

I have heard that Ashley Cole is blossoming as a talented coach, which is surprising as you would not think that from his career or his punditry.

Wouldn't think that from his career? He had an outstanding career, best left-back England ever had.

He'll be making sure the kids hide their mobile phones. That's for sure...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.