Lee Dixon Previews the big game

Plain Speaking

Good article by Lee Dixon for Betfair:
<a class="postlink" href="http://betting.betfair.com/football/leedixon/lee-dixon-manchester-city-to-blow-it-no-chance-100512-11.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://betting.betfair.com/football/lee ... 12-11.html</a>
Betfair Ambassador and Manchester City fan Lee Dixon is feeling confident ahead of Sunday's match at the Etihad Stadium. Our man explains why there's a blue moon rising...
There was steely resolve about Manchester City's victories over Manchester United and Newcastle which makes me think that they aren't about to blow this golden opportunity to win their first league title for over 40 years. Earlier in the season, the Blues blew away opponents but, in recent weeks, they've ground out results with the focus and professionalism that gets titles won. Sir Alex is ruing United's defeat at Wigan and the draw against Everton but, if it comes down to goal difference, that 6-1 drubbing against City back in October can be seen as a major factor in the destiny of the title.

Roberto Mancini changed the formation against Newcastle and showed tactical acuity when his side needed second-half goals. He's had a full in-tray to deal with this term, managing massive expectations from owners and fans as well as volatile talents Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli. Sir Alex has been talking about City's riches this week but, while money gets you a long way, you need more than that to win the Premier League. I applaud Mancini's performance.
Match Odds
Opta highlight two glaring facts: Queens Park Rangers have picked up fewer away points than any other top flight team and City have dropped only two at home all season. Shall I bother going any further?
Ok. The visitors arrive at the Etihad fighting for their lives, knowing a defeat for them and a win for Bolton will send QPR down. Mark Hughes will have them up for this one. The ex-United legend is astute, driven and has unfinished business with City after they harshly sacked him. He has a splendid record away to City - drawing four, winning once, never losing - and he would love to deny his successor. If QPR pull off a shock, chants of "Hughesy" will ring out from the other side of town, or Buckinghamshire or Singapore or wherever it is Red Devils fans live these days.
Sorry, couldn't resist. And who can blame me? I grew up supporting City, listening to United's bragging, and on Sunday - sweet, blue Sunday - I expect my team to do the business.
Half-time/Full-time/Correct Score
I backed Chelsea to thump QPR a fortnight ago because I thought the good feeling around Stamford Bridge following the win over Barcelona would drive the hosts on. A similar thing could happen at the Etihad. Mark Hughes will set his team up to keep it tight for the first 20 minutes and they'd be delighted to go in level at the break. An early goal would settle City's nerves and unleash a wave of euphoria in the stands. If City hit their stride they could win big - I'll have a wager on 3-0 at 8.07/1 - and I expect them to lead after both 45 and 90 minutes.
To Score/First Goalscorer
Everybody knows what a brilliant attack City boast. However, a mark of a really good team is one where players throughout the squad chip in. I was pleased to see Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure both scoring in recent matches. If there's a rout on Sunday, they may get in on the act but I expect the two Argentine hit men to find the net too. I'll back Sergio Augero for first goalscorer and Carlos Tevez to score. Will he head for pastures new next term? As the sun sets on another season and a Blue moon rises, few will care.

Anyone doubting Lee Dixons affection for us need only read:
"...on Sunday - sweet, blue Sunday - I expect my team to do the business..."

"I grew up supporting City, listening to United's bragging, and on Sunday - sweet, blue Sunday - I expect my team to do the business."

Gotta love Lee Dixon for that one.

You, all of us City fans and a whole tribe of ABU's my City friend

Lee Dixon said:
If QPR pull off a shock, chants of "Hughesy" will ring out from the other side of town, or Buckinghamshire or Singapore or wherever it is Red Devils fans live these days.
Sorry, couldn't resist. And who can blame me? I grew up supporting City, listening to United's bragging, and on Sunday - sweet, blue Sunday - I expect my team to do the business.
Legendary.

Yet on Sunday night his comments were ......... "I dont think its all over yet" Clearly indicating that he thinks QPR can get the point and Man Ure get the 3.

I think he is twat, all season he has slagged us off.

mancitymark said:
Yet on Sunday night his comments were ......... "I dont think its all over yet" Clearly indicating that he thinks QPR can get the point and Man Ure get the 3.

I think he is twat, all season he has slagged us off.

You're wrong
he is one of us, you can tell he is, he knows if it can go wrong it might just do so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.