Lee Jackson Head Groundsman Leaving

If you go on his Linkedin page there are pictures of the Etihad pitch and CFA pitches.

When I say the pitches are like snooker table cloths, I mean they are like snooker table cloths. The pitches are unbelievably good.

John Ledwidge

Head of Grounds and Landscapes at Manchester City Football Club

John Ledwidge is an elite Sports Turf Manager, with specialitise in multi-million pound turf-management and development projects at some of the most advanced sporting facilities and events around the world. He has extensive industry knowledge and a depth of experience from ground to board level.

John has ascertained a Masters in Football Business management covering all aspects of the structural operations within a professionals Football environment.

John has a proven track record of delivering precision management and supervisory projects to achieve objectives on time and on budget.

From reconstruction, redevelopment, training and team building, to designing operations and management systems, John has achieved the kind of industry resilience, efficiencies and strategic advantages that contributed to the remarkable global success story of former Premier League Champions Leicester City FC.

He is driven, ambitious and motivated by a personal pride in developing people which represents one of his strongest motivations.

John formed an integral part of the team that has developed Leicester City’s new £100m training facility, where he delivered the management and development of the 180 acre site. This included 24 turf pitches, synthetic pitches, a nine hole golf course and the worlds first dedicated Sports Turf Academy.

John developed and implemented the concept for the worlds first dedicated Sports Turf Academy that was supported by the club, by the development of a purpose built building containing educational space, cutting edge technology and without doubt will be a leader in the training, education and recruitment in the current and next generation of Sports Turf decision makers.

John’s experience at international level includes preperation of surfaces for UEFA Champuons League, directing pitch preparations for the London 2012 Olympics at the City of Coventry Stadium and the planning and management of various music concerts within stadiums including P!nk, Kings Of Leon and Coldplay

John possesses a clear, calm and focused approach to leadership with an ability to instil confidence and competency between staff and management. He takes pride in advising and presenting at board level, Creation and implementation of structured management approaches for turf and workforces in all aspects of turf management and budgetary management.
Looks like John has discovered Chat GPT. What a load of corporate dribble.

i met lee through your dad, i used to work with your dad many years ago, not heard from terry for many years,hope hes still with us and doing well.

terry introduced me to lee,and he used to get me tickets every week,top seats in the main stand at maine road, one game v leeds in the cup, we met him at the players entrance but our tickets were in the kippax, he said cut across the pitch,it was one of the scariest experiences of my life,full house the pitch was muddy but slick and i shuffled across the pitch hoping to god i didn't slip :)

good lad.
It was live on TV and typically they cut to the adverts while we were walking across the pitch, so no one saw us lol. And yeah, the pitch at that time was a disgrace (not Lee's fault, just the state of the club at the time)

If you're reading this Lee, all the best, Ali

It was live on TV and typically they cut to the adverts while we were walking across the pitch, so no one saw us lol. And yeah, the pitch at that time was a disgrace (not Lee's fault, just the state of the club at the time)

If you're reading this Lee, all the best, Ali
hiya mate, hope all is well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.