Leeds United Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to have a nice little squad going, a few smart buys from teams in Relegation and they ll stay up. Mind, some teams already proving the Championship teams can slog out with the best.....A blessing in disguise, usually Winners of the Championship end up having a poor EPL the following season. 2nd may have a silver lining!

few canaries and villains will do their squad good.

I am looking forward to them coming up if I am honest, the little I have seen of them this season they have played half decent football.

Don’t mind Leeds. Much better having them than Bournemouth who’s crowd is about 12k or the likes of Norwich and Watford. Plus, it’s a ground and be not been to since we were back in the prem with Keegan and lost 4-0

Leeds style of football will put hem in good stead in the premier as teams open up a lot more than the championship and if they get the investment then they will be a threat for a lot of teams

They seem to have a nice little squad going, a few smart buys from teams in Relegation and they ll stay up. Mind, some teams already proving the Championship teams can slog out with the best.....A blessing in disguise, usually Winners of the Championship end up having a poor EPL the following season. 2nd may have a silver lining!

Why would you buy players that have just been relegated?

I used to say this when we were shit, but I wouldn't touch anyone from a relegated club (unless its a very promising youngster), as there is a reason the club have been relegated, their players aren't good enough, and they get so used to losing, its a very difficult mentality to get out of.

I don't know how much leeds have to spend, but I'd be looking at players around mid PL or above, or promising ones in none promoted championship clubs. At least with Bielsa he'll be looking for a certain type of player, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came looking at some of our youngsters, used to the playing style.

Why would you buy players that have just been relegated?

I hear you, i was thinking in the way to get good, proven players. I know some would say that they were relegated, but some of the best players in the league have also played with teams that got relegated so it`s not that bad of an idea. Ideally you want players that can add graft to the squad. The key is smart buying without paying OTT prices.....

Irwin (oldham)
Keane(Forest)
Lampard(Hammers)
Shearer(Saints)

..a few examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.