Leeds United Thread - 2022/23

"Leeds have never won anything in Europe" is simply an incorrect statement as both you and I have just confirmed and as the record shows. It's actually monumentally fuckwitted of you to make such a statement while negating that very same statement in the same post. I know that football fans generally have a reputation for lacking logic and intellect, but you take the light blue scarf.

Actually, the only thing I got wrong was to suggest that ours was a far superior record to yours only before the sovereign investment in your club. In fact, in terms of silverware, our European record remains superior to yours, even in 2023 - which is quite amusing. Let's hope that changes this year and you finally win the Champions League.

You missed out the rest of my sentence where I say: "...until your recent success brought lots of plastic supporters from all over the country and overseas." I can understand why you'd want to miss that out.

I wasn't 'having a go' at your real supporters and you should stop being so touchy. I know it's a touchy subject, but there are even people on this very forum who admit that they are plastics. It's not like I'm stating anything controversial. Your supporter base has blown-up massively due to your recent success. This is just a fact. You're not the Real Man City anymore. You're a Plastic Smiley Club now, which is why some of you on here have taken to issuing stern lectures about the behaviour of other club's supporters. Your stadium is soulless and has no atmosphere, but at least you're well-behaved and don't sing rude chants at players. Nor would you, given that you have a bottomless pit of money to spend on all the best players, like a cheat code on Football Manager.
4DA6CDC5-7933-4B85-9137-5EB199F950B3.gif

IMG-20230529-WA0016.jpg

It really needs to be said that if Maine Road had Elland Road's capacity at the time of us going down to the 3rd tier, then it would've been 37,000-38,000 turning up every single home game we were City barmy and off our fucking heads, if we'd have had the stadium of light's capacity or our current stadium capacity, then our average 3rd tier attendance would definitely have reached over 40,000... I don't think @Revieist understands that our demand for tickets absolutely skyrocketed as we fell in to the 3rd tier.

I'm trying to be nice here and you know what there were some good loyal Leeds fans who stayed true, but after seeing that clueless shower of shite that he posted on here then nice is off the table, we were always massively supported by a tremendously loyal fan base. Leeds though whose attendances spiked up slowly but steadily as the 90s went on with plenty of them hoping to glory hunt, those same ones who started going around that time smelling incoming success, due to the promising side they'd built and overspending, skip just a few years and plenty of those newer fans soon deserted them after relegation, it was like that Peter Paul and Mary song except instead of where have all the flowers gone... it was the grim reality of where have all the Leeds fans gone.

I'd say get back under your box of shame... Box-of-Shame.gifbut you have none... come back when you learn some manners, some football history properly, and more importantly a lot more humility ya total gobshite.

View attachment 81432

It really needs to be said that if Maine Road had Elland Road's capacity at the time of us going down to the 3rd tier, then it would've been 37,000-38,000 turning up every single home game we were City barmy and off our fucking heads, if we'd have had the stadium of light's capacity or our current stadium capacity, then our average 3rd tier attendance would definitely have reached over 40,000... I don't think @Revieist understands that our demand for tickets absolutely skyrocketed as we fell in to the 3rd tier.

I'm trying to be nice here and you know what there were some good loyal Leeds fans who stayed true, but after seeing that clueless shower of shite that he posted on here then nice is off the table, we were always massively supported by a tremendously loyal fan base. Leeds though whose attendances spiked up slowly but steadily as the 90s went on with plenty of them hoping to glory hunt, those same ones who started going around that time smelling incoming success, due to the promising side they'd built and overspending, skip just a few years and plenty of those newer fans soon deserted them after relegation, it was like that Peter Paul and Mary song except instead of where have all the flowers gone... it was the grim reality of where have all the Leeds fans gone.

I'd say get back under your box of shame... View attachment 81434but you have none... come back when you learn some manners, some football history properly, and more importantly a lot more humility ya total gobshite.
I don’t know about 37-38,000 turning up every single game because we had a few attendances that were around 24,000 in the 32,550 Maine Road. Even if the away team had brought 3,000 instead 300 like a few did, some attendances would still have only been around 26,500.

But for all the games we maxed out, we would have maxed out at 37-38,000 and even 49,000 for the biggest games (like Sunderland did).

Our average would have been more than the 28,273 it was and would probably have been on the level or maybe even above Sunderland’s best (32,157).

Leeds had the stadium size but didn’t have the attendances. Again, with them being the only club of note in their city (Guisely, Farsley and Garforth barely get 1,200 between them most weeks) and the biggest club in their region… their attendance numbers are very poor.

If the Manchester conurbation’s teams all had their best attendances on the same weekend, around 205,000 Greater Mancunian football fans would be in attendance (imagine if we were a one club city!)… even when you consider the slightly smaller population, add in Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax’s attendances (Christ even throw in Leeds Rhinos!) to the Leeds city and surrounding towns best football attendances; you would barely even get 100,000.

If we applied the football attendances of the Manchester conurbation (around 3m population) and number of clubs (all our local club’s best attendances combined reckon up to over 205,000) to Leeds and its catchment area (around 2.5m population), Leeds United should be getting around 120,000 fans turn up to watch them in the Prem. Yet they barely get past 33,000.

West Yorkshire is just not a football area. Leeds are not a well supported club in this respect and the attendance numbers in ratio to catchment area and number+attendances of other local clubs prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know about 37-38,000 turning up every single game because we had a few attendances that were around 24,000 in the 32,550 Maine Road. Even if the away team had brought 3,000 instead 300 like a few did, some attendances would still have only been around 26,500.

But for all the games we maxed out, we would have maxed out at 37-38,000 and even 49,000 for the biggest games (like Sunderland did).

Our average would have been more than the 28,273 it was and would probably have been on the level or maybe even above Sunderland’s best (32,157).

Leeds had the stadium size but didn’t have the attendances. Again, with them being the only club of note in their city (Guisely, Farsley and Garforth barely get 1,200 between them most weeks) and the biggest club in their region… their attendance numbers are very poor.

If the Manchester conurbation’s teams all had their best attendances on the same weekend, around 205,000 Greater Mancunian football fans would be in attendance (imagine if we were a one club city!)… even when you consider the slightly smaller population, add in Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax’s attendances (Christ even throw in Leeds Rhinos!) to the Leeds city and surrounding towns best football attendances; you would barely even get 100,000.

If we applied the football attendances of the Manchester conurbation (around 3m population) and number of clubs (all our local club’s best attendances combined reckon up to over 205,000) to Leeds and its catchment area (around 2.5m population), Leeds United should be getting around 120,000 fans turn up to watch them in the Prem. Yet they barely get past 33,000.

West Yorkshire is just not a football area. Leeds are not a well supported club in this respect and the attendance numbers in ratio to catchment area and number+attendances of other local clubs prove it.
Spelling ffs.

I love all this proving that Leeds are shite. Long may it continue...

Can I just point out that they're also like a cult. Not the same way as the dippers, but they act like a cult. Nothing matters but L**ds united. SCUM

tumblr_n8icyosley1rxa2k2o1_500.gif

I thought I remembered Elland Road at that time being 42,000 but it actually held 40,200 (my dyslexia maybe) back then, accounting for the away allocation it'd be 34,000-36,000 most weeks without question had we had their capacity, there's an undeniable truth that our ticket demand skyrocketed I know someone from the Maine Road ticket office. There was many thousands we actually had to turn away, for season tickets and match day tickets regularly the reason for us building the Gene Kelly stand. Personally I think the drop off for some of those games can be explained by being turned away for other games and too much discouragement people leaving it be, then with some people wanting to experience absolutely everything with a season ticket or nothing at all, before a late rush in the season to try and be part of it put that altogether and think had we had their capacity it still would've been at least 30,000 on the very lowest days.

You're right about Leeds being the only club in a big area same with Newcastle and Sunderland, there's so much hostility there you support the one in your local area and certainly not the other one... a team like Coventry that don't get gates have massive potential in comparison to local population but Leeds are pretty much alone in the large surrounding areas too, people don't understand how massive our fan base is for the actual area how we carried on despite everything, plus those years where Wigan and Bolton were both in the top flight that's 50,000 extra fans just from local surrounding areas.

When we moved to CoMS there was a reason we sold out on season tickets immediately, it wasn't just because of the brand new stadium either the demand had been there for a very long time. Sunderland are a great bunch of fans my dad has met a good few and always gives them respect says they're the best fans he's met, his mate somewhere between 1988-90 (probably) after crossing the line with banter for most, actually made a few life long Sunderland friends he went down every few years vice versa they took jibes in good jest, probably because like us they'd seen some incredibly tough times.

Leeds fans though are mostly an ignorant arrogant loathsome bunch even after their many years away there's no humility at all, there's one good Leeds fan I know and he was embarrassed by their fans throwing paper on the pitch and at our players towards the end of last season, he was then sickened by the attack on the elderly guy earlier this month for our match against them, he's not old but doesn't go Elland Road much anymore despite following them in the 3rd tier, mainly due to serious hip problems brought on from having chemo as a baby and he's been knocked over too many times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.