Left hand drive car in uk

uweuweuwe

Moving back to Manchester soon, was wondering anyone had experience of bringing back a left hand drive car? how much of a hassle is it to get it registered and when I comes to selling it will could it be a problem regarding the value etc

many thanks in advance

Unless it's a rare or classic model I wouldnt bother. Are used car values that much higher in the UK that justifies bringing it over here, registering, MOTing and insuring it. Have a look on eBay and Autotrader for values - I'd say it could be worth as little as a half or even a third of the RHD equivalent - and that's if you find someone to buy it.

I've driven a LHD camper before and it can be a bit hairy pulling out from behind a bus when 3/4 of your van is already sticking out before you can see what's coming. You have to get out and walk round to get/insert tickets at car park barriers/tolls etc

Pelly Greeny said:
Unless it's a rare or classic model I wouldnt bother. Are used car values that much higher in the UK that justifies bringing it over here, registering, MOTing and insuring it. Have a look on eBay and Autotrader for values - I'd say it could be worth as little as a half or even a third of the RHD equivalent - and that's if you find someone to buy it.

I've driven a LHD camper before and it can be a bit hairy pulling out from behind a bus when 3/4 of your van is already sticking out before you can see what's coming. You have to get out and walk round to get/insert tickets at car park barriers/tolls etc

That's the biggest arse ache of the lot. You get used to the driving issues pretty quickly.

Pelly Greeny said:

Just reverse everywhere, job done.

Probably will sell it here but it will be a pain as driving it to Manchester with a load stuff then having to drive it back.
I know what you mean about car park barriers, caused much amusement to the locals last time I was across.

I was going to try and flog it to one of the deviants on bluemoon that frequent certain parts of Manchester late at night looking for a certain type of Lady.
Selling points are it has plenty of space inside (C4 Picasso Grand) and you'll have the advantage of being close to the kerb when checking out the merchandise. No more having to lean across the passenger seat pretending your asking for directions

dronefromsector7g said:
Pelly Greeny said:

Just reverse everywhere, job done.

Love it. Lol.

Drove my left hand audi and golf estate in the uk for years and kept it registered and insured in germany, far cheaper.

Drive a right hander here in germany now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.