• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
———————-Bravo————————
Danilo——Tosin—-Mangala—-Zinchenko
——————Fernandinho———————
——-Gundogan——Foden————-
—Bernardo——Jesus——-Sane——

Think this is a strong line up. Fern starting is key to our play. Start Yaya and we lose. Foden, Tosin and Zinchenko will be surrounded by senior players. The front 3 is strong as well. With Bernardo finally showing some form.

Diaz to come on for Sane in the second half when everyone is tired and cause havoc. Sterling, De Bruyne and Aguero on the bench in case we need to change the game. Walker, Delph, Otamendi all rested. We can bring Yaya for Fern around the 60th min with us hopefully already winning.

Leicester have the rags at home after tonight in the PL and aren’t that far off European places. I would be surprised if they went full strength. They’ll try to win but do they realistically see themselves lifting the cup?? They’ll have a two legged semi in January likely against Arsenal, Chelsea or the rags. Then a final against another top 6 club. Can’t see them getting past any of them really.

I’m going for Leicester 1...City 3

Revisionist nonsense.

Prior to that injury we:
lost at home to West Ham
lost away to Spurs 4-1
drew away at Villa
lost at home to Liverpool 4-1
lost 2-0 away to stoke
lost away at arsenal
drew away at unitd
drew at home to everton in league
lost away to everton in league cup
drew away 2-2 with west ham

KDB's injury had nothing whatsoever to do with us losing the league. We were miles off and just scraped 4th place. We finished 15 points off Leicester, 3 points ahead of Southampton, 4pts ahead of west ham. Against the bottom 3 relegated teams we managed 3 points from our away fixtures against them.

Would have made zero difference to our title aspirations had KDB not been injured. Zero.
Seem to recall at the time that we weren't that far behind Leicester and could have made up the gap with a good run.

I would be surprised if they (Leicester) went full strength. They’ll try to win but do they realistically see themselves lifting the cup?? They’ll have a two legged semi in January likely against Arsenal, Chelsea or the rags. Then a final against another top 6 club. Can’t see them getting past any of them really.
I’m going for Leicester 1...City 3
You may have forgotten that their manager took a poor Soton to the League Cup final last season, where they were robbed by the referee. As they have absolutely no chance of reaching fifth (Europa League place), winning this trophy against weakened/rotated opposition gives them their best hope of a European place. Leicester will be at full strength tonight, probably win 2-1 and then roll over against the Rags at the weekend.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Leicester go full strength tonight.

They have no chance of a top 6 spot (imo), no chance of being relegated and their only chance of any silverware is in the cups, this being one of them. They only need win this game and the next over 2 legs and they're in the final. I think they'll play their absolute A team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.