Leicester City (a) Carabao Cup prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I.
I waited years to see us win something.
I want silverware and lots of it.
Strong team, let’s win everything we can!

For me though, judging correctly when to rest players is part of the strategy of winning everything we can. I think integrating the players who haven't had as many minutes is important too. We've reached a point in the season where we do need to start thinking about not allowing anyone to burn out. I want us to go for every trophy but we do also need to look after the likes of KDB who are playing an awful lot at the moment. Not proposing we do what Pellegrini did against Chelsea that time, but we need to give some of our more vital players a rest tonight. Leicester will probably rest some of theirs too. I think we saw against Shakhtar that playing your strongest players doesn't always work if they aren't prepared to give their strongest performance. There were players ducking out challenges all night in that game whereas Diaz caused havoc when he came on. Would be happy to give him a start for sure. Think it's also important we give Zinchenko a run out as we'll need him to hit the ground running if Delph gets injured.

For me though, judging correctly when to rest players is part of the strategy of winning everything we can. I think integrating the players who haven't had as many minutes is important too. We've reached a point in the season where we do need to start thinking about not allowing anyone to burn out. I want us to go for every trophy but we do also need to look after the likes of KDB who are playing an awful lot at the moment. Not proposing we do what Pellegrini did against Chelsea that time, but we need to give some of our more vital players a rest tonight. Leicester will probably rest some of theirs too. I think we saw against Shakhtar that playing your strongest players doesn't always work if they aren't prepared to give their strongest performance. There were players ducking out challenges all night in that game whereas Diaz caused havoc when he came on. Would be happy to give him a start for sure. Think it's also important we give Zinchenko a run out as we'll need him to hit the ground running if Delph gets injured.
why would they rest players in a quarter final?

The Powers That Be must be frothing at the mouth for the two legged derby semifinal that will get drawn after the circus that was Milkgate the other weeeknd.

For all those that say strongest team, when exactly do you think we should rotate then if not in this? When we're forced to because of injuries/exhaustion? Put our strongest side out in every game, in every competition and they'll suffer burnout come the tail end of the season when it really matters. It's about managing the entire squad, some need rest, some need games, the cups present the best and ultimately the most risk averse opportunity to rotate.

For all those that say strongest team, when exactly do you think we should rotate then if not in this? When we're forced to because of injuries/exhaustion? Put our strongest side out in every game, in every competition and they'll suffer burnout come the tail end of the season when it really matters. It's about managing the entire squad, some need rest, some need games, the cups present the best and ultimately the most risk averse opportunity to rotate.

Rotation is key tonight and is a no brainer

Leicester -

Bravo

Walker
Kompany?/Ota
Mangala
Danilo

Delph/Yaya (think yaya will probably start but hes looked so poor this season)

Bernardo
Gundogan
KDB
Foden

Jesus

Bournemouth -

Ederson

Danilo
Otamendi
Mangala
Delph

Fernandinho

Benardo
Sterling
Silva?
Sane

Aguero

Could even play both jesus and sergio against bournmouth

It has to be managed corectly .but we dont need wholesale changes just for the sake of it .ask any player if they want to be rotated and they will say they want to play .over the season most players will get a rest unfortuantly through injury or suspension .We ought to want to win this trophy big time .If we want to be a known as a truly great team we need to be getting two or three trophies a sesson i know it a big ask .but no better place to start than with the league cup.rest a couple by all means but Pep wont go barmy and swop loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.