Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

With Yaya it sometimes looked like 16 year olds v 12 year olds. David has controlled our tempo for seven years. We play better when David plays - he's giving us the finest years of his career. The game almost looks too easy for Kevin. David, Yaya, Vinnie, Sergio, Zaba and Kevin - football gods every one of 'em. Years down the line there'll be tv progs about this generation.

Kevin's play is surreal right now. David keeps possession, hits forward passes through small gaps and still has a colossal pass completion rate, goes past players with pure skill, tenacious in the tackle and when he hasn't got the ball takes up positions exactly half way between the nearest two defenders. They hesitate as to which one should engage and by the time the defender makes the move David is off and away with the ball stuck to that left foot. You can't compare the two players - two geniuses.

That’s a really good post.

Love the pair of them.

He is a different player than he was 4 years ago. He is better at some things and he is not as effective at others (largely due to the aging process). You could say the exact same thing about Messi.

To suggest that we are not allowed to discuss his natural progression as a footballer because he put in what was the most clinical 40 minutes of finishing I have ever seen is odd and smacks of group-think...something that is counter to what I have always seen in City fans.
29 is usually the peak time for most players. I can see Sergio hitting 40 this season in all comps - injuries permitting. He's gone from being an out and out hit man for Roberto and Manuel, to being more involved in other areas for Pep - and still scoring the goals - similar totals to Kane and co in far fewer games. The best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.