Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

I think we are going to look forward to the same sort of season as last year folks.

No pace in the team, a useless left-back and a slow CDM is gonna cost us.

Teams know how to play against us now, sit back, hit us on the break and get left with one on ones. It's criminal how one ball over bypasses our midfield.

It's criminal how we have not solved this issue, most blues can all agree what the problems are and the club are either oblivious on how we fix it or they don't see the same problem.

Both scary thoughts.
I’ve a feeling you’ll be proven right. For a couple of seasons they were an extraordinary team. With the loss or decline of Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero and Arteta and shall we say, nefarious activities from our friends in high places; the team is very good to good. Hope springs eternal though and it might come in a package called Ruben Dias and the fact that this reincarnation of MCFC does not roll over and die.

but they were, they exploited our tactical and mental weaknesses and got us frazzled to the point that we gave away 3, they deserve credit for that no matter how much we handed it to them.
I'd have more respect for them had they not thrown themselves about as if they'd been pole axed by Mike Tyson. We are supposed to give credit for players running into other players, throwing their legs at them to make contact are we? Yes, let's condone that sort of play acting.

This club has enough money to make sure that we have enough top drawer players available.

Going into this season with just 2 recognised strikers was absolutely ludicrous. As I've said before we should have gone for a player like Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Suarez (well not him) - someone who's been around and likely to be ok playing 20 games a season on a decent earner. Someone who can finish. We try to score too many perfect goals.

Seriously, I can't understand why we've gone into the season in this position.

I'm just watching the football show on sky and I think they got it spot on. Basically Mendy taking up the wrong positions and being caught out by the pass and nobody at the back organising the defence. We had a rookie kid and someone who has been here five minutes as our central defence and it showed. Mendy is Mendy and is finished here as far as I'm concerned. Walker should know better, you just can't put hands on players in the box, especially with var, you get away with nothing. They said we have lost the spine of the team and we have, Kompany, Silva and no Aguero, all world class players.

I hope this centre half is the real deal but we still, after all this time, need a decent left back. We need a fast, intelligent holding midfield player. Fern is 35 now and Rodri is no replacement. Since I've watched him play I'm amazed we bought him for that position. Foden has great ability but he will take time to come anywhere near Silva if he ever does. Up front we can see how vital Aguero is to us.

So praying this centre half is the real deal we need a left back, holding midfield, creative midfield and a striker. Most of us have been saying this for a couple of seasons now and nine defeats last season and yesterday's hammering are making it blindingly obvious with each passing game. We thought we'd addressed some of these by signing Rodri and Mendy but they're way short of what we need.

Rodgers tried to make himself sound a tactical genius by saying they decided not to press the keeper, but he just did what most managers do, sit back, hit us on the break and overload on our glaring weak spot which is Mendy.

Pep actually saw our problem which has been alluded to by a few here, at 1-0 we didn't have to go pushing everyone forward for a second goal against a good counter attacking side. They stayed sat back even at 1-0 and drew us in knowing they'd eventually catch us on the break and it worked perfectly, aided by absolute stupid challenges for the three penalties.

When was the last time we conceded five at home? I remember Everton at Maine Road but after that I'm struggling.
You make valid points, most of which I was saying to my family on WhatsApp prior to watching the game.. plus the additional observation on seeing the teamsheet I made expressing my surprise that Garcia continues to be selected given his stated intentions about his future (decent prospect that he is, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the team given he doesn't want to stay with us and is winding down his contract)

The key thing for me from yesterday's performance is what you cover in your point regarding 'pushing everyone forward..' etc.

I know the game isn't as simple as what I'm about to suggest. And I know it would look bizarre to keep possession when we take the lead as we did yesterday (rather like the Germany-Austria 'Disgrace of Gijon' World Cup game in 1982 when they both qualified, cheating Algeria of a qualifying place by passing the ball around for the 2nd half as Germany led 1-0) but I've been saying this for years under Mancini, Pellegrini and Guardiola - why do WE have to always be the 'entertainers'?

Every club we come up against, with the exception of a couple of top sides around Europe, does the same thing, week in, week out.. the ball gets kicked off, drop back to the penalty area with 5 at the back, 4 or even 5 in front of that and hope we'll make the (inevitable) mistake that 'will give them something to hold onto' as the commentators put it. Every week the same, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat..

So, maybe once in a while we should just pass the ball around at the back when we take the lead like we did yesterday. See if the boring f**kers will have a go for a change..

I'd have more respect for them had they not thrown themselves about as if they'd been pole axed by Mike Tyson. We are supposed to give credit for players running into other players, throwing their legs at them to make contact are we? Yes, let's condone that sort of play acting.

we've faced all this shit and more in previous seasons, the only difference is we have a broken mentality now so fall victim to it. Unless the club are going to get dirty off the pitch and crush the Dippers and Rags stranglehold of authorities then it's down to the squad and management to have a ruthless mentality to deal with this like we did a couple of years ago. It doesn't help on the pitch that we take all the shit we're given off the pitch but we have to overcome it. I don't blame Leicester for pandering to what would get them the result, the issue is on the pitch we fall for it and let it beat us, and off the pitch we haven't eradicated the politics and problem that allows opponents to do that and do us over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.