Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Step toe played as a dm the entire game right in front of their back 4 but suddenly he sprints 100 m dash in blink of an eye and still haven’t lost any pace after all these years. Defying laws of physics and human evolution at the same time . Must be juice bar or asthma inhaler working it’s magic.
Peak years for male sprint speed, strength and power are the 30s. It’s simply repeated injuries that see people lose pace before then.

I keep looking at the 4th goal from yesterday, maddison's goal. Keep your eyes on rodri during that play. I think it perfectly encapsulates the problem and why he's such a big liability.

I keep looking at the 4th goal from yesterday, maddison's goal. Keep your eyes on rodri during that play. I think it perfectly encapsulates the problem and why he's such a big liability.
He wanted Leicester to play a more expansive game to assist our style of play. Is he for real?

yes but also Walker sprinting past him too instead of try to surprise him from behind, then Garcia not closing down him despite Walker clearly showing him to do that while Rodri hardly jogging back instead of do a sprint and tackle from behind. He needs to realise danger there and act and maybe be late with the tackle give away a free kick but try at least.

He had the space and time to make that shot and it was a lucky hit but we should not allow him time/space to do that.

yes but also Walker sprinting past him too instead of try to surprise him from behind, then Garcia not closing down him despite Walker clearly showing him to do that while Rodri hardly jogging back instead of do a sprint and tackle from behind. He needs to realise danger there and act and maybe be late with the tackle give away a free kick but try at least.

He had the space and time to make that shot and it was a lucky hit but we should not allow him time/space to do that.
He overcommitted. Overcommitted badly in fact. Any other defensive midfielder in the league recognize that they are leaving a huge gap behind them and HUSTLE back as quickly as possible. Not Rodri. Rodri strolls back. Rodri gives up. The defenders hold back because they have runners behind them.

I was looking at some of the match stats in more detail, it's baffling how we looked so poor...

Passes 680 v 267 (Leicester obviously more direct)
Accurate passes 614 v 200
Touches 847 v 431

BUT

Aerial duels won 10 v 15 out of 15 v 10 defensively, and 10 v 15 offensively
Tackles won 12/18 v 23/30

Shots 16 v 7
Shots on target 5 v 7
Shots off target 7 v 0
Shots blocked 4 v 0

Dribbles 7/16 v 6/7, so 44 v 86%

I've seen comments about Fernandhino was giving the ball away, he had a 92% pass accuracy from his 72, Rodri 94% from his 82, yet KdB only 75% from his 59 passes.

The only positive from yesterday is that we weren’t playing the dippers.
If Vardy did that to our defence I dread to the think what Mane and Salah would have done to us!
We need some leadership and some fecking balls in our defensive line. I just hope Laporte and Dias will supply these though Ake did show encouraging signs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.