Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

We let Southampton take the gamble with van Dijk first time around. Liverpool tapped him up but they ended up paying more than he was worth
Just one Premiership and one European Championship. Yea, Southampton really saw them coming.

We let Southampton take the gamble with van Dijk first time around. Liverpool tapped him up but they ended up paying more than he was worth
More than he was worth? Yes, it was a huge fee for a CB, it was a massive gamble, and looked like Southampton had pulled Liverpool's pants down, at the time, but, with hindsight, he was worth every penny.

Liverpool recognised where they needed to strengthen and strengthened!!
They didn't decide that VVD was the right man but then signed their 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice CB because he was cheaper. They didn't try to make do and play Fabinho or a CDM in at CB. They went out and got the right player. How did that work out for them?

I'd love to say VVD was a mistake, a waste of money, etc but if he had cost them a hundred million, I don't think they'd be unhappy, now.

More than he was worth? Yes, it was a huge fee for a CB, it was a massive gamble, and looked like Southampton had pulled Liverpool's pants down, at the time, but, with hindsight, he was worth every penny.

Liverpool recognised where they needed to strengthen and strengthened!!
They didn't decide that VVD was the right man but then signed their 2nd, 3rd, 4th choice CB because he was cheaper. They didn't try to make do and play Fabinho or a CDM in at CB. They went out and got the right player. How did that work out for them?

I'd love to say VVD was a mistake, a waste of money, etc but if he had cost them a hundred million, I don't think they'd be unhappy, now.

£80m? Good but not that good

That Norwich game should have been the wake up call for all the management at our club, I think they are still asleep.
I know every team can have an off day, we all accept that. We had too many last season, and a few posters said we were allowed a dip after the previous 2 seasons brilliant exploits. My fear is Pep has lost his magic here. I am stunned at what I witnessed yesterday.

Sane had bags of talent but not gonna lie and say he was consistent. There were games he was quiet depending on how the ops set up, same as Sterling. Looking at the positives, we've still got a squad bursting with talent. Honestly think if we can get the defence and DM sorted then the rest will take care of itself.
think sane is miles ahead of mahrez though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.