Leicester City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a lot of mostly ineffectual possession, as we often do, isn't murdering anyone. I think we will win but we have to start turning possession into goals away from home.
I think we're both saying the same thing, in a different way.
I thought we played really well in the first half at Leicester BUT,,,,,,,,,, we didn't kill them off... Same at Spurs , same at ..... take your pick !

From Leicester forum...

'One thing that I feel could be in our favour - it's an early, Saturday morning kick off. I'm hoping it means the light blue City end up feeling subdued / still in bed.'

Can't help but think they have got a bit of a point.... lets make sure we're well up for it!!

If we were away I'd go more defensive but think we will be quite open @ home, what I think he will start and what I would like to see start are very different!

Dare to Demichelis.

I think, like most people, I've been watching Leicester every week expecting them to fall down the table. But they haven't. They've got 14 games to play. That's it. We've got about double that. If they play with the same freedom and style then they can beat anyone and win the thing. The trouble is, pressure will build. They're still not thinking about winning it and just enjoying themselves. Ranieri is doing well in not talking about winning anything and just taking pressure off his players. But they'll begin to get nervous. Games will occur where they'll know if they don't score they'll drop to 2nd in the table... if they don't win they won't be top and with that they'll have to find a different level of performance.

Once that pressure is applied their gameplan changes and they will fall in my opinion. Vardy has been brilliant, so has Mahrez. Others have impressed as well. Their defence looks excellent as well at the moment. But their sit back and counter tactics will work where teams let them implement it. Soon, as the season reaches the climax a team like Sunderland will be happy with a point against them and will sit back and make them try to beat them. That's the situation for us and Arsenal every week near enough. With Leicester they'll struggle when this occurs I think.

Their tactics could work against us. But we're at home and we'll be pumped for this and I think we'll blow them away as we did Everton in the league cup and we'll be top by 3pm Saturday.

We never seem too up for it in the crowd with an early ko.

There's a need for the players to start well with tempo to get some parts of the ground involved.

We need pace in defence and mobility in midfield here. Leicester will work their socks off, do everything at pace and look to hit us on the break.

With that in mind Id go with
Hart - Zabba, Sagna, Otamendi, Kolarov - Fernandinho, Delph - Sterling, Ya Ya, Silva - Aguero

Sagna is more mobile than Demi so has to slot in there with Vardy in mind; Delph and Fernandinho are our 2 most mobile central players and then its up to the front 4 to win the game for us. This is a "show me" game for Sterling, Silva and Ya Ya. You were bought to go and win games like this - go and do it.
Pretty much this please.

This is such a big game, feels weird saying that when its Leicster city but I think if we win this we'll win the league. Whenever Kun plays I'm confident of beating anyone so a brace by the little man and city 3-1!

I think having the odd day out watching someone else's club is worth it. It gives perspective. Back in the late 80's and 90's, if City were away me Dad would take me to Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, Morecambe, Blackpool etc. We need to encourage our younger fans to have perspective and respect for all levels of football.
True. I meant the years we spent sinking down through the divisions. (Shudder)

I had a dream last night that Leicester won 3-2.

Shit.

On a different tack, if City do not win the league, would I be right in thinking most on here would actually like Leicester to win it, to make it more interesting in the future, proving that it's just not the "big four" with the most money that are at the top every season?
I'd go easy on the cheese before I go to bed, if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.