Leicester City thread

I hope next year kompany will be our assiatant to pep then he will take the helm from pep once his 2 years contract expires and he decides to go to some national duties... of some country.

He's a cheeky sod, I'll give him that?

Jumped ship the last time and we brought him back into the fold.

Hopefully Pep brings back one of the former guys like Lillo.

I'd also look at Liam Rosenior. A very impressive prospect.
I like Lee Carsley, he's been excellent in his early years, see how he does in the U21 tournament also had a stint at City I think?

Fernandinio, hasn't he been doing his coaching?

Can only be a positive for us that Arteta, Torrent, Lillo and Maresca (again) have left us for top clubs. Also a good thing that we've managed to source equally good replacements whilst still being highly competitive on the pitch

In American sports they have something called a "coaching tree" which is basically a family tree for coaches where each famous coach that worked under someone is added to their tree, and it's one of the ways they evaluate how good a manager is.

It's cool, one of the things I wouldn't mind being brought over from American sports discussions. I suspect the fact that certain managers *cough* Ferguson *cough* never really had any very successful apprentices is one of the reasons it's not come up.

Shame as clearly an excellent coach,he did superbly well with our kids and they loved him.

But,as ever,as one door closes.....Bring Dinho home.

Enzo Maresca is an interesting case. Born in Italy but his first professional club was West Brom. Then he spent a certain amount of time back in Italy playing for Juventus and Marcelo Lippi and then he went in Spain and played for Sevilla. Maresca is actually a Manuel Pellegrini disciple and i believe he spent the last year as an assistant absorbing more the everyday methodology and how Pep turns his team into a winning machine rather than the actual playing philosophy. Just like Arteta did. Lets see how his career will unfold but if he is smart enough he can have a bright future infront of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.