Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

He is now playing his best football for City.
Yesterday he was outstanding, that apart he has been very disappointing, for such a classy footballer.

As a City signing the jury is very much still out.

Thanks for that, brilliant to watch :-)
A totally disconsolate Jimmy Greaves there, getting no change out of our back line.
Never mind Bell, what strikes me watching that is just how good Summerbee and Lee were. Didn’t quite realise Lee played as deep as that. His close control was incredible.
Lee played his first season with us as more or less a winger. A fantastic player and hard as nails.

He struggles when up against 2 defenders as one can block him from cutting inside and the other can block him from going down the line. We frequently play teams that have everyone behind the ball and that reduces space. Leicester didn't play that way and Mahrez was able to exploit that space very well. If he could start doing it against bus parking teams, he'd be a regular starter.
In the post match press conference Pep made a point of Mahrez's aggression yesterday, he was well up for it, but he must show that far more.

Agree with most points but Leicester weren't bad. We made them look bad. No other team can attack like us, even Klopp had admitted it. The scary thing is this team can peform even better when Laporte and Sane return and when Sterling returns to his very best. Plus Rodri and Foden can get only better.
I like the cut of your jib, too many times is it described that the opponents are crap when we beat them.

Vardy and Schmeichel (distribution apart) were outstanding. Vardy single-handedly terrified me, but today all Leciester had was Vardy going forward. LCFC were too negative. I refuse to believe that a team who are 2nd are that poor. I think Rodgers set them up too negatively. They must have had a bad game whilst we were very very good.

Mahrez's best game for City. Perhaps he just knew that Chilwell couldn't hold him, or perhaps the MOTD coverage was spot on with KDB and Mahrez managing to get 2 on 1. I just knew when I was watching that City time and time again were getting through on the right.

A strong feature of the last month has been the return to form of Ben Mendy. Another feature has been Gabriel Jesus. All he needed was games. He has produced. All doubts as to his playing quality should now have been dispelled. We're blessed to have Kun and Jesus, and you could say the same about so many City players.

All we need is Laporte to return. Player-wise there is one question remaining...who is his long term partner? Garcia, HB, Stones? There have been three major deficiencies in this side this season:

1) Centre-back crisis provoked by injury to Laporte.
2) Left-back exacerbated by injuries to Zinchenko and Mendy. Great to see Mendy improving. He's had a sustained spell of good games.
3) Lack of pace in midfield. Rodri is an exceptional player, but quick he isn't. Yesterday the balance was good and KDB has gone up a level.

So over the last month (with the exception of one bad game) I think our game has gone up a level.

Yesterday, Mahrez well and truly arrived as a player that all Man City players can trust. Please more of the same. And I believe City fans are back believing in Mendy again. I had big doubts. They are settling.

This was the best City have played in a long time.
Our game the last few weeks has gone up many levels. We look a different team in midfield. Horrible thing to have to say but we have not missed Spanish Dave. Bernardo more central yesterday was the player of last season, full of energy and a quality footballer. Kdb is looking like the world beater of 2 seasons ago in the free role, doing what he does best, looking for the spaces and terrorising the opposition defences.

Not read the thread but I have to say Mendy looked great yesterday, having Bernardo playing so close helped but he was less profligate with the ball and was determined in his challenges. I hope the big man is back to his Monaco level, he’s a cracking lad and it saddened me to see the criticism he received, two major injuries are never going to be easy to get over. Will be a major plus for us if he maintains yesterday’s form.

Not read the thread but I have to say Mendy looked great yesterday, having Bernardo playing so close helped but he was less profligate with the ball and was determined in his challenges. I hope the big man is back to his Monaco level, he’s a cracking lad and it saddened me to see the criticism he received, two major injuries are never going to be easy to get over. Will be a major plus for us if he maintains yesterday’s form.

Hopefully his confidence is improving with the more game time hes getting. It was good to see.

Apologies if already asked but what happened prior to De Bruyne’s booking? The ref blew for an infringement I couldn’t see anything and even the commentators were unsure what he blew for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.