Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Post-Match Thread

Then that league is slowing down faster than I thought ;)

He's not quick, or should I say, not quick enough?

Genuinely, I hope he proves me wrong, but like Rodri, I don't think he will get much better, much as I keep telling myself they need time.

There are basic fundamentals.

Same reason doesn't matter if Mendy now turns himself into the fittest player in the league, the guy lacks the intelligence to be a top defender.
100% about all 3, Torres doesn't start any top game & that's how I see it with Mendy only reason Rodri does is down to resting Dino

Rodri should be Absalutely flying now but he always looks fucked after 60 minutes

Mendy I gave up on 18 months ago he is 1 of our worst buys & LB in the last 13 years & before anyone says he had a bad injury I'm not interested he is a fucking liability end of, he takes so long to get it out of his feet & constantly passes a 50-50 pass inside & how many times does he end up out of position??

Even Bertrand would have done a better job

Torres will be gone imo he aint going to play, I expect out on loan back to Spain

Possitive notes Steffen looked very good

I hate to say this but we have more and more absolute arseholes supporting us. There were 2 “lads” sat behind us and after about 20 mins 4 or 5 of their pissed up mates came and stood with them. Constant abuse of our players, including “fucking useless **** Mendy”, “get that fucking **** (Edozie) off for Jack”, “fuck off back to Spain you useless prick” (to Torres), constant abuse of nearly every player. One of them kept standing half in my eldest son’s space (and my son begged me not to say anything - about 35 mins in he staggered off, presbyopia the bar so I followed him and had a quiet word about not upsetting my son again and fortunately he didn’t come back after that, probably too pissed or coked up), but the constant abuse of the players from the others carried on the whole match. I expect bad language at matches but the constant abuse of our own players? My 15 year old said to me “dad I don’t mind the swearing but why are they being bad to our own players? They aren’t City fans”. I told him that unfortunately they are, and this kind of entitled behaviour is becoming more and more normal. People in their 20’s (my estimate of their ages and combined IQ’s) should be enthusiastic, they were when I was (and we were shit then), and at least I can look at my kids and know for a fact that as badly behaved as they are a lot of the time they will never slag off and abuse their own play. Sorry to go on but I found the entire thing sad and pathetic, and I bet there were weird twats like this all over our support yesterday. The matchday threads in here tend to confirm this.

That's wembley for you. It's hit and miss who sits near you and if you're stuck with the wrong bunch like I was against Sunderland it isn't pleasant. The ridiculously late kick off just gives the balloons even longer to get pissed and coked up. Our end not being full also meant they could move around more freely.

I think people criticising and shouting X, y and z are shit randomly has always happened, at least as long as I've been going. The difference is for a large proportion of that time many were actually shit, lol. In the end it calmed down because we accepted we weren't very good so we coped by turning it into dark humour and were delighted when we did actually win. Now we are successful any dip from those high standards seems to hurt more than when we were shit, if that makes sense? The expectations are much higher. For someone 18-25 they've known mainly success, I guess it won't be too many years before we have a fully entitled fan base as us older ones die off and if our recent success continues.

Another problem is this is a result of all seater stadiums. Years ago the young and older piss heads generally all went on the terraces and the women and families went into the seats, these days aside from the family stand everyone is lumped in together.

It was a strange crowd in there yesterday. Wembley and London as a whole was crawling with Leicester fans, which isn't usually the case when we play there.

Our end was full of tourists and local lads who just wanted to see a live game at Wembley, all clambering over seats to get closer to the trophy presentation - very weird.

Good to see some families and people who are genuine City fans get a chance to go though, who normally wouldn't get chance of tickets. Anybody who wasn't high risk and could afford it, who didn't go, not a great look but will no doubt see you all in the hunt for FA Cup final tickets when we next make it.

People abusing players and especially kids like Palmer and Edozie, you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. And any proper City fans who got up and stormed out when they scored the pen, you're no better than United fans. Wednesday away, Everton at home and Porto away in 18 months if you're one of the lucky ones, you'd think people would want to be there and welcome the players and applaud them. Bring on Tottenham.
I've always got a bit of a buzz out of seeing young lads from the academy get a run in the first team - Edozie and Palmer were decent enough yesterday for me. Big occasion for the lads to play at Wembley under Pep.

I've always got a bit of a buzz out of seeing young lads from the academy get a run in the first team - Edozie and Palmer were decent enough yesterday for me. Big occasion for the lads to play at Wembley under Pep.

We are attracting and producing some of the best youth talent in the country. All the young guys ran their socks off yesterday and should be really proud. The mind boggles at those shouting abuse, they are fucking kids and people's sons.

Years ago we'd have been so proud to see these young lads get a run out and get right behind them. We are turning into a real self-entitled fanbase quicker than I ever imagined with the recent success. It's not just the younger crowd, plenty of over 50s up in arms yesterday. Late kick off so plenty of beer for the piss pots will play a part in that however.

That's wembley for you. It's hit and miss who sits near you and if you're stuck with the wrong bunch like I was against Sunderland it isn't pleasant. The ridiculously late kick off just gives the balloons even longer to get pissed and coked up. Our end not being full also meant they could move around more freely.

I think people criticising and shouting X, y and z are shit randomly has always happened, at least as long as I've been going. The difference is for a large proportion of that time many were actually shit, lol. In the end it calmed down because we accepted we weren't very good so we coped by turning it into dark humour and were delighted when we did actually win. Now we are successful any dip from those high standards seems to hurt more than when we were shit, if that makes sense? The expectations are much higher. For someone 18-25 they've known mainly success, I guess it won't be too many years before we have a fully entitled fan base as us older ones die off and if our recent success continues.

Another problem is this is a result of all seater stadiums. Years ago the young and older piss heads generally all went on the terraces and the women and families went into the seats, these days aside from the family stand everyone is lumped in together.
Agreed Paul, although I think it’s away games in general not just Wembley, I guess the issue with Wembley is more tickets being available means more muppets attending

Looking at the teams for rags v everton yesterday - Maguire, Shaw and Pickford all featured.
Yet Sterling, Walker and Stones nowhere to be seen for us. Yes I get that our lads may arguably have had more minutes in the Euros but I doubt their will be much difference in the stats.
Think it's pretty poor to be honest given the expense of going to London for our fans and the traffic shit of the M6.
I think we short changed our fans a bit yesterday too be honest.
Pep rightly is considerate of the bigger picture. He needs the players back rested and in good mental health. I believe the players have a fixed minimum end of season break.
I’m sure Pep can confirm this and if you feel short changed from yesterday you could write to FIFA and EUFA on behalf of team managers and staff.
From my seat at Wembley I was delighted to see the talents of Cole Palmer, Sam Edozie and Ben Knight amongst their seniors. Zack Steffen also impressed.
Enjoy the season Blue.

We are attracting and producing some of the best youth talent in the country. All the young guys ran their socks off yesterday and should be really proud. The mind boggles at those shouting abuse, they are fucking kids and people's sons.

Years ago we'd have been so proud to see these young lads get a run out and get right behind them. We are turning into a real self-entitled fanbase quicker than I ever imagined with the recent success. It's not just the younger crowd, plenty of over 50s up in arms yesterday. Late kick off so plenty of beer for the piss pots will play a part in that however.

They matched Leicester’s first team

Was anyone COVID checked? We weren’t asked and it wasn’t busy when we went into the ground

Pep rightly is considerate of the bigger picture. He needs the players back rested and in good mental health. I believe the players have a fixed minimum end of season break.
I’m sure Pep can confirm this and if you feel short changed from yesterday you could write to FIFA and EUFA on behalf of team managers and staff.
From my seat at Wembley I was delighted to see the talents of Cole Palmer, Sam Edozie and Ben Knight amongst their seniors. Zack Steffen also impressed.
Enjoy the season Blue.
I get that too be honest it's a meaningless game that isn't needed.
I understand its for charity etc but that could be raised other ways instead of sending fans to Wembley forking out loads of money and having 2 teams, 1 that's very strong and the other that's practicality playing a b team.

It's insane. We, as City fans, have never had it so good. I did mean to add to my last post, it would never enter my head to shout abuse at our players especially academy players. A lot of people in our society are self-entitled pricks with bad attitudes.

A lot of our newer fan base don't have the perspective of older fans and are worse off for it - we've actually never had it so good, even when we lost the CL final, who would have thought 15-20 years ago we'd ever even be in one, and be the most decorated team in England over the last decade!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.