Leicester (N) - Community Shield | Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will seriously be shocked if we even sell 10k for this. Don’t think we’ve even put half the blocks on sale yet. The FA persisting with playing this at Wembley instead of somewhere like Villa Park is ridiculous
Tickets only going on sale 10 days before the game was a farce too which didn't help. Still expected a bit better considering many haven't seen any live football in 18 months

Last edited:
Will seriously be shocked if we even sell 10k for this. Don’t think we’ve even put half the blocks on sale yet. The FA persisting with playing this at Wembley instead of somewhere like Villa Park is ridiculous
They’re pretty much stuck with playing it at Wembley as it’s an event guaranteed as part of Club Wembley membership packages. Even though I’m guessing a relatively low percentage of those customers actually go to the Community Shield, the FA could arguably be in breach of contract if they moved it and it’s just too much potential hassle.
Only exception was 2012 when Wembley was in use for the Olympics. There must have been a clause in the Club Wembley contracts that allowed them to move that year’s Community Shield.

Had a quick look at tickets just out of interest. Looks like most of the bottom tier behind the goal is gone. WTF Leicester and City have to piss about traipsing to Wembley is shit. Assume this will be the first Wembley meeting between the clubs since the 1969 FA Cup Final.

Are there any squad restrictions for the Charity Shield or can we play anyone we have registered? It will be interesting to see who plays up front. Neither of the strikers who played in the two friendlies (Knight and Moreno) did enough to be considered (imo) so I guess it might be a false 9 formation.
Pep will want to win so I expect a strong starting line up but it would be great in the likes of Edozie, Palmer and McAtee could make the bench.

Are there any squad restrictions for the Charity Shield or can we play anyone we have registered? It will be interesting to see who plays up front. Neither of the strikers who played in the two friendlies (Knight and Moreno) did enough to be considered (imo) so I guess it might be a false 9 formation.
Pep will want to win so I expect a strong starting line up but it would be great in the likes of Edozie, Palmer and McAtee could make the bench.
No restrictions on who can be in the squad. Providing a club holds a player’s registration, he can play.

Tickets only going on sale 10 days before the game was a farce too which didn't help. Still expected better considering many haven't seen any live football in 18 months

no way am I or many others paying the extortionate train cost or the awful coach journey to see basically a friendly.

no way am I or many others paying the extortionate train cost or the awful coach journey to see basically a friendly.
National express take 2 hours more than the train and £70 cheaper for a return ticket. I'd rather spend time on a coach watching a couple of films on my tablet and save the cash for hotel and a few pints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.