Leicester v City (League Cup) Pre match Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cityfan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
.............................Hart....................

Zaba..............Kompany............Lescott..................Kolarov

........................Fern...............Garcia.........................

Navas........................Jovetic...........................Milner
................................Dzeko................................

Think Fern needs a rest hard match yesterday and full match against Bayern. I would go Roswell or Milner in midfield maybe give Vinnie and Zab a break, I think Dedryck may feature.
A midfield without Yaya or Fernandinho scares me. Zaba will play as we have no other fit RB. Would definately play a strong team for this and get to a semi which gives Pelle a very good chance of finally winning a domestic trophy in Europe, which would take some pressure of him.

Hi guys,

Leicester fan here.

We're not expecting too much on Tuesday night. It's a pretty tough week for us, we're on a bit of a bad run and have played Burnley on Saturday and QPR next Saturday in a promotion 6-pointer. It's likely that we could well rest/rotate some of our players for this - all depends as to how Pearson looks at it but it seems that Saturday's game at QPR will be of higher importance.

In terms of standard, I wouldn't say we're too bad (perhaps we'd be 15th/16th in the Prem), our home form is very good, and I see that you've had a few dodgy away results (not at Bayern though!)

Was just wondering what to expect in terms of the team that you're likely to put out. It seems that Kompany is key to you being defensively sound too - is he likely to be rested?

All the best guys and if you have any queries, or any of you travelling up to Leicester and have any questions then feel free to ask. Also, feel free to pop on to our main forum ( <a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxestalk.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.foxestalk.co.uk</a> ) :)

We all hate United!

.............................Hart....................

Zaba..............Boyata...........Lescott..................Kolarov

........................Rodwell...............Garcia.........................

Lopes........................Jovetic...........................Milner

................................Dzeko................................

They play either a 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3, Chris Wood or David Nugent play as the foil for Vardy(the first million pound non-league player.), there main man is Konockhart(can't be arsed using Google.), Wes Morgan's there captain, Schlupp(see Konockhart.) had a trial with the rags last year.

Oh and for any Leicester City fan reading this, Kasbian's just a shit Oasis.

Edit: just had a read on FoxesTalk and I'm baffled as to why they want to send there rezzies out against us, no disrespect to them but when we go to any other ground in England it's seen as a coup to twat us, if they beat us it could give them a confidence booster for the season. Hope they fucking twat QPR at the weekend. Fucking hate Redknapp.

Kun Aguero said:
They play either a 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3, Chris Wood or David Nugent play as the foil for Vardy(the first million pound non-league player.), there main man is Konockhart(can't be arsed using Google.), Wes Morgan's there captain, Schlupp(see Konockhart.) had a trial with the rags last year.

Oh and for any Leicester City fan reading this, Kasbian's just a shit Oasis.
We haven't played 5-3-2/3-5-2 since the very start of the season and sacked it off because it wasn't working at all for us. Generally, you're correct though, we tend to play a 4-4-1-1 with Nugent dropping deeper for Vardy. We occasionally play 4-3-3 but only away. Can see us going 4-5-1 though with Vardy as a lone striker. Our two wingers in Dyer and Knockaert are our main attacking threats. On their day they can be terrorising, Knockaert has a huge future ahead of him and I'm sure you'll see plenty of him in the Premier League for years to come - with or without us. Dyer's pace down the left would probably be our best bet of getting any joy. Schlupp rarely starts, he's more of a bit part player as he can fill in at left back, left mid or up top.

From what I have seen of Leicester (very little admittedly) I think knockeart is their best player. They are pushing at the top of the table and will not be push overs away from home. I imagine a close game with our second string to be honest.

Hi there. Another Leicester fan here. On the back of our performance against Fulham to set up Tuesday's tie and our league form at the time we were probably slightly more confident when the draw was made (due to both sides results) than we are now.

I think we'll be on a hiding to nothing. The danger men are probably Dyer Knockaert and De Laet, who if are on form seem to influence our performances better than other players. Plenty of players for you to boo as De Laet, Drinkwater and James all used to play for the 'rags' lol

Due to our result yesterday its imperative we try and get 3 points at QPR on Saturday. Wood is out injured so only have two main strikers in Nugent and Vardy. Waghorn who can be decent has just come back from Millwall so we shouldn't have to rely on Schlupp thank god.

Our players will be fired up nonetheless and despite you hammering Arsenal yesterday I don't think the scoreline will be so big on Tuesday.

I bloody hope not anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.