leighton baines

i dont know his contract situation,so the fee is influenced by that.....has about 17 assists and a few goals this season also......kolarov must be moved on this summer

AntiUnited said:
citytill1die84 said:
AntiUnited said:
Not to mention one of the best passes from the wing into the box and fantastic corners..

Yep everything you need out of a player. Could possibly play both him and Clichy together down the left Baines makes a decent winger.

And he actually tracks back... but thats what i was saying play him as a proper winger and have clichy play defensively problem solved. The quality the guy has is criminally under rated hes a 20-25 mill player...

Agreed mate don't think there's a better replacement for Kolarov than Baines.

Baines would obviously be a great addition but I don't think we could accomodate two great LB's. A young understudy to clichy would be more logical but I wouldn't complain if we get baines as I think he's an improvement on gael due to his attacking threat.

grifter said:
Baines would obviously be a great addition but I don't think we could accomodate two great LB's. A young understudy to clichy would be more logical but I wouldn't complain if we get baines as I think he's an improvement on gael due to his attacking threat.

He can be easily converted to a true winger. he already does it regularly for everton.

Absolutely not. He's not that much of an improvement on Clichy and gollum would demand an extortionate fee for him because it's us.
Why the fuck would we spunk millions on a player we don't need ? It just doesn't make sense. So nay, nay and thrice nay.

Can't defend but has pace and he can deliver a great ball from set pieces that is the attributes that Bacon likes in his teams

Our style isn't one that encourages barrages of crosses. Crosses are Baines' strong point and defensively Clichy is better IMO (Clichy for me is the best defensive left-back in the league). So I agree, it'd be a vanity buy unless we fundamentally alter our style of play, which I doubt we will. We need 11 round pegs for 11 round holes rather than more signings who will see their qualities nullified by our style.

LoveCity said:
Our style isn't one that encourages barrages of crosses. Crosses are Baines' strong point and defensively Clichy is better IMO (Clichy for me is the best defensive left-back in the league). So I agree, it'd be a vanity buy unless we fundamentally alter our style of play, which I doubt we will. We need 11 round pegs for 11 round holes rather than more signings who will see their qualities nullified by our style.

So that means we are potentially buy a 45 mill paper weight in cavani... ?

AntiUnited said:
LoveCity said:

So that means we are potentially buy a 45 mill paper weight in cavani... ?

Not at all, Cavani will join in the play instead of standing around like our current paper weight up front, link up, and bury chances we have been missing all season. Oh, and he'll actually jump for 50/50 headers and attempt to hold the ball up.

Cavani's work rate is second to none, a quality City fans will come to admire after the stroppy laziness of our two big centre forwards in recent times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.