Leipzig away tickets on sale Wednesday morning.

As a said. Told me on a phone call but do agree with you if u ring one day told different the next time u ring but if true would stop tickets touting and the passing on of tickets when other fans are waiting for there points window to open

It wouldn’t stop anything if they didn’t advertise what they were doing in advance and the only people who knew about it were a handful of people who’d phoned them up and specifically asked them.

It would only result in loads of people been turned away. Loads of empty seats and terracing and loads of people still sat at home waiting for their points window to open.

I rung club they said name on mobile ticket
And I’d must match on entry as trying to stop tickets being passed on and so it should be I fell short for a ticket but good on the ones that got them Iam there for 4 days but will be annoyed if anyone with less than 16,000 points has a ticket
Sorry pal but plenty with less than 16000 points will have tickets!!!!!!

All 3 previous games in this seasons Champions League have had identical wording.

Yep - it's been the standard blurb for all our European aways this season. They're obviously trying to discourage people from buying tickets and passing them on to their mates but there's no evidence so far that they're actively going as far as spot checks. That level of scrutiny went out of the window when the "collect at destination" procedure went tits up at the Celtic away game where fans were queueing for hours in the pissing rain and City didn't have enough staff to manage it properly. The club were warned by fans that what worked reasonably well for PSG and Real Madrid wouldn't work as well for Celtic as the dynamics were different where the main body of fans would be treating it like a domestic away game and descending on the collection point at roughly the same time so they would need extra staff to deal with it. Needless to say they didn't listen! City did say after that match that that process was being canned but they were looking at replacing it with something else. That was over 6 years ago and frankly I don't think they can be arsed with the hassle of it.

Last edited:
Yep - it's been the standard blurb for all our European aways this season. They're obviously trying to discourage people from buying tickets and passing them on to their mates but there's no evidence so far that they're actively going as far as spot checks. That level of scrutiny went out of the window when the "collect at destination" procedure went tits up at the Celtic away game where fans were queueing for hours in the pissing rain and City didn't have enough staff to manage it properly. The club were warned by fans that what worked reasonably well for PSG and Real Madrid wouldn't work as well for Celtic as the dynamics were different where the main body of fans would be treating it like a domestic away game and descending on the collection point at roughly the same time so they would need extra staff to deal with it. Needless to say they didn't listen! City did say after that match that that process was being canned but they were looking at replacing it with something else. That was over 6 years ago and frankly I don't think they can be arsed with the hassle of it.

Gives me PTSD every time someone mentions that queue at Celtic

Paris was another one
Was that after parkhead?

Only time I’ve seen names on tickets was when they were hand written on by City staff on paper tickets. Never checked at the grounds though. No way Leipzig staff are going to put names on e-tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.