Leipzig Away

What’s Leipzig like? I have only been to Munich before but love Germany and currently learning German. Interested to see the place but at the same time there for the game so might not soak to much in

Usual .. Nice city with central square with a few breupubs.
Not a patch on dusseldorf but decent

Still no Leipzig away digital tickets received. The email said they would come 10 days before the match. The ticketing operation is a joke. We are an elite club but there is nothing elite about our ticket office.

What’s Leipzig like? I have only been to Munich before but love Germany and currently learning German. Interested to see the place but at the same time there for the game so might not soak to much in
Realistically I doubt you'll see much of it. As @aka blue jambo says, there's a couple of nice squares in the centre with decent bars. I've only been once (the last time we played there) but I've heard good things about it. A guy I play football with (in Berlin) moved there with his girlfriend recently and seems to enjoy it. Rent is cheaper there than Berlin (especially the last few years that Berlin prices are approaching Munich or Hamburg levels), so some artists and musicians etc are moving there now. There's also a big uni, so a student population with all that comes with. It's also a left wing city, in contrast to the rest of Saxony (where the AfD gets about a third of the vote), so it's got an alternative vibe.

It’s a cracking little place . Nice walkable centre with a few decent suburbs .
I’ve booked five days this time after last years visit so I can get about more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.