Lemmy/Motorhead

R.I.P Lemmy, a true rock legend. The Ace of spades is a truly iconic track. Went to see them at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester in '83 or '84 when I was about 15, they were brilliant. Saw them at the Apollo about seven years ago as well. Said to the Mrs a couple of weeks ago that they were playing the Apollo in jan or feb and that I'd be going coz I might never see them again. Shame I won't now

Born to lose, live to win ... RIP
Lemmy1_zpsmdgutnct.jpg

Like many, grew up with his iconic sound and to this day, it's still as relevant and brilliant.

RIP fella

Gutted. Wasn't they on tour only this year?
Was a proper character.

Some guys that I occassionally attend London gigs with had tickets to see him at Hammersmith next month. I was thinking about going as I haven't seen them since 70's or early 80's - nearly lost my hearing at the (Manchester) Apollo, actually got into gig on a pass and so spent some of the time sat behind the barrier at the back of the stalls to try and limit the ear damage.

Wasn't the biggest fan back in the day but have collected a anumber of the earlier albums more recently - to add to comilation I've had for ages - and very much enjoyed them. Their new album has been rated highly by clasic rock journos. Read a recent interview with him the other night and he was certainly intent on rocking to the end. A genuinely interesting character.

R.I.P.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.