Lemmy/Motorhead

I went to the Overkill tour at the Free Trade Hall. Lemmy loved on Heaton Moor for a while prior to Motorhead.

My lugs never really recovered from that. 2nd row right in front of the amp/speaker/ big noise box thing.
They had a bomber that was lowered from the ceiling of the stage if I remember correctly.

Yep - I was worried the vibrations would have the fucker coming down on my head lol - I just looked it up - it was Nov 79 I had 1980 in my mind......... getting old

Yep - I was worried the vibrations would have the fucker coming down on my head lol - I just looked it up - it was Nov 79 I had 1980 in my mind......... getting old
Lucky you i was at the Glasgow Apollo that bomber tour.Thought the place was going to collapse.
AC/DC a few night's earlier.The first with Brian Johnson on vocals.
Can still picture the bomber at the end and the bells to start off the AC/DC gig.

Lucky you i was at the Glasgow Apollo that bomber tour.Thought the place was going to collapse.
AC/DC a few night's earlier.The first with Brian Johnson on vocals.
Can still picture the bomber at the end and the bells to start off the AC/DC gig.
I saw AC/DC on that tour too ( Back in Black) Leicester De Montford Hall, 1980

My memory is gone,i saw them on that tour and it was the apollo not the free trade hall ?

Deffo Free Trade Hall ...still have my ticket. Girlschool supported. Lemmy was in Cox's Bar around the corner five mins before we got there, mate got his ticket autographed.

When they took the Bomber over to Germany, in Dresden, Lemmy said to the audience 'Not seen one of these for a while have yer?' :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.