Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of this season I was in the Pogba or bust camp, following Euro's and taking in what Sane content is available on youtube I've completely reversed how I felt a couple months ago. I believe we do need to find a box-to-box midfielder to replace Yaya in the next couple transfer windows but I'm really pleased we're bringing in Sane into the squad rather than Pogba. One reason is the fees being quoted. Another is, I know Pogba can have a big influence in games but Sane looks like a real match winner, Barca and Madrid have loads of match winners in their squads and City are putting together something similar with Aguero, DeBruyne, and now Sane... even Sterling if Pep can take him to new levels. I don't see the need to bring in another elite striker, even with Sergio's injury history, Iheanacho for me has proven he's more than capable to be the number 2 striker in our squad and he'll only get better with Pep. And in comparing our forwards with Barca and Madrid sometimes those teams play best without an established striker, their ability to play freely and interchange positions, as long as the lads have a good understanding of eachother on the pitch I think we'll see amazing football in the final third.

Also, a note on watching YouTube videos to try and gauge a players ability, yes many of them gloss over all the things a player does wrong, what I notice with players like Sane and Stones is the other teams/players their going against in those videos, Stones incredible footwork in his own box against Aguero and Silva, Sane making incredible plays in big games against Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Real Madrid. People saying how Sane is 19 and is still raw and unproven is beyond me, this kid has earned his place to play in these big games and proves that he deserved his opportunity. A player like Unal or Roberts are still raw with a lot to prove, I understand tempering expectations for those kind of players, but they aren't being loaned out to bigger clubs like Shalke, their maturation process isn't at the same rate as kid like Sane. I'm willing to bet Sane plays in the starting 11 more often than Nolito if healthy and both competing for time on the right wing/right attacking forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.