Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing we'll announce this one between Wednesday and Friday, depending on when he returns from LA

Harmeling was fairly accurate with KdB saga. The price certainly is higher here then I've seen mentioned by others.

Edit - thought it said £ not €

Well he's ultimately right. If world class player is defined as amongst the best players in the world, then by definition, there'll always be the same number. But since you ask:

Neuer

Alves---Bonnuci---Pepe---Marcelo

Iniesta---Busquets---Kroos

Messi---Suarez---Ronaldo​

That's a front three all currently playing in La Liga who have all had a season where they've scored 60 goals or more (well okay, 59 in Suarez's case). I don't think that's ever happened in my lifetime.

Hell, even in our own team, we've got Kompany, Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne, arguably Hart and Fernandinho, and until age caught up with them a bit, Toure and Zabaleta, all amongst the best in their respective positions.

How many of these world class players you mentioned are obtainable?

Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta? Can we sign any of these? I don't even think Bonucci and Kroos are realistic.

Hart is nowhere near world class, I would not even say Fernandinho is although I do rate him very highly. Toure and Zaba now past it.

How many of these world class players you mentioned are obtainable?
When did that become the question? You claimed that there are fewer world class players now than there were in the past.

When have world class players ever been obtainable? Either they're playing at a smaller club or in a lesser league, in which case they're "unproven" at the top level, or they're already playing at a top club in which case they're exceptionally difficult to buy. That's always been the case. The only time you see world class players transferring between top clubs is either with something approaching a world record fee, or if they've been replaced by a shinier toy, like Ozil, Sanchez, Di Maria or Toure.

"Girls don't like boys girls like stones and sane" to the tune of the mane song.
First ever attempt so go easy on me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.