Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you deliberately simplifying this? You're ignoring a large part of the point I'm raising: everything about the Pogba to United deal at the moment is entirely based in sensationalised estimates so that's all the press can do. Journalists in Italy with their finger on the pulse, people like Di Marzio who just want to get the information out there, seem to reckon it'll come somewhere between €110-120m which, in our money, is about £92m. Are the press mainly running with £92m? No, they're predominantly running with the € figure because it looks bigger on the back page, sells more papers and gets more clicks. Basically, until the press are briefed by United or Juventus about Pogba's wages then they're unlikely to include that as part of the headline figure. When Pogba eventually signs for them (probably next week) and the finer details of his contract are investigated, I imagine there will be a few red tops running with "€200M FOR POGBA" in huge letters, but we'll have to wait and see to be sure. The press just report whatever they can get their hands on, there's no concerted effort to portray us as greedy when we sign a player for £50m, or to portray the Pogba deal as anything other than it is: a landmark moment in world footballing history as viewed from the perspective of people whose currency is the £ (which is to say the €100m ceiling was broken years ago).

To please Fantasy and bring this back round to the deal for Sané, our deal with Schalke was initially reported as £40m+ with £5m add-ons, but as the weeks have gone by it's emerged that the fee will be closer to £30m with £15m worth of add-ons. The press have got no real clue as to what happens behind the scenes when transfers take place, they just broadcast/report whatever they can get from their sources. In order to manipulate the facts surrounding football player transfers they'd have to be aware of all the facts when, in reality, journalists are just as desperate for transfer information as we are. They sensationalise and they get it wrong sometimes, they plant rumours and spread myths, not to dig at any club in particular (that mainly comes through in opinion columns) but to just move with the tide of opinion they spot on social media. I don't want to sound like a dick but I've studied journalism for almost five years now and live newsrooms at newspaper offices are just a bunch of normal men and women rushing around to finish stories off, they just don't have the time to sit down and think "How could I make Team A or Player B look terrible?".

Best tell Sterling.

It's not a day old mate @tolmie said he was booking in, that booking was only made about 2 hours ago

Seeing as Tolm and I share more than DNA, at times...this is old information.... The fact that he revealed that Saturday, the radisson and more than two players coming in, kind of ignores 'said' info.... I'm not knocking you bud, and it's appreciated, however, it's old, all the same!!

Seeing as Tolm and I share more than DNA, at times...this is old information.... The fact that he revealed that Saturday, the radisson and more than two players coming in, kind of ignores 'said' info.... I'm not knocking you bud, and it's appreciated, however, it's old, all the same!!
There is one thing 'saying' it and it actually happening, Tolmie has been wrong a few times that how it is, the actual 'booking' was only made today, that's what I was passing on, 3 rooms all for Leroy Sane

Great guess work then!!!

Don't be so sensitive Zin.

I've managed enough hotels over the years to know you can actually both be right. The rooms could have been booked by city and names only confirmed today. This happens a lot with celebs booked in by event organisers.

So you can both take deep breaths and put the dick measurer away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.