Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Sanchez but I really couldnt see where he fits in. How is it possible to keep that many top class players satisfied with game time?

The way to go, would be to treat the attackers equally, including Sanchez, imo & drop/sub all the attackers, regularly. Sometimes play Sanchez instead of DS or De Bruyne too.

I don't believe that would have happened right now,it would have been Sanchez, Sanchez & more Sanchez, but it might if he comes in in January, if Sterling & Sane prove themselves as worthy as anyone else, in the meantime.

I think Ronaldo's success can be emulated & will be. The modern game has no proper defenders, they are all either footballers, shit at defending, or clueless troglodytes & apart from v us, tackling is illegal .

Dropping Sane for being average when played out of position, was wrong imo.

Ferguson would never dream of asking Ronaldo to do that job, as he knew Ronaldo had no ability whatsoever to do i & wouldn't lift a finger to try. Sane can do it & is willing to try, so was dropped for trying & not quite being good enough.

Ronaldo would have sulked for 6 months on that.

Only way Ronaldo is getting emulated is if someone has the talent to do so paired with the insatiable appetite to improve and keep improving.
Bale had the potential and was continuously improving parts of his game but injury has fucked him. Sane probably closest there is in terms of attributes to those 2, but ultimately it's down to him. Iron out flaws and add strings to his bow. Very exciting to see where he can go.

Great finishes but just needs to be a little more ruthless. Think he could easily have had a second in the first half and arguably should have gone himself when clean through but instead opted to square. Very graceful and elegant runner with the ball.

Can anyone else see him developing into a central striker in years to come, like Ronaldo has done. He’s a big lad, strong, powerful, skillful, electric off the blocks and can finish, he has all the attributes to be a top class forward operating more centrally

@Neville Kneville I don't think Sane has necessarily been dropped. It's more of an established pecking order thing with Raz slightly ahead of him by default due to seniority. I think Pep has played it right with the way that he has played it. In all the team sports that I've played in and from watching professional sports my entire life the new guy has to *really* be levels ahead of the guy he's trying to replace and if he's not he just has to wait until his opportunity comes and then make the most of it, even if he's marginally better. It's pretty generic what Pep's doing in this situation TBH and I'm sure Sane is fully aware of the situation.

Take a look at the PL minutes distribution so far... 1) Aguero - 377 (76% played / available). 2) Jesus - 328. (66%) 3) Raz - 237 (59%). 4) Sane 144 (29%). You can only play three of the four at once and Jesus + Aguero are locked in. On paper Raz + Sane should be splitting game time and the other comes on as a sub and that's basically what's happened. The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Kun + Jesus are locked into the lineup for the big games so there's always going to be one of Raz + Sane that's getting shafted in the bigger games if they're both in form.

Assuming there are no injuries for all four throughout the season ... Aguero will drop down to the 60-65% range, Jesus will drop to ~60%. and that'll leave about 50-55% for Sane and Raz. So basically everything will be fine :-). It was always going to be shitty on the fourth guy at the start of the season with Kun + Jesus being locked in the 11 like I mentioned. It's up to Sane now to make the most of the next few games as I'm sure he's in line for a run of games.

Can anyone else see him developing into a central striker in years to come, like Ronaldo has done. He’s a big lad, strong, powerful, skillful, electric off the blocks and can finish, he has all the attributes to be a top class forward operating more centrally
I fee like he could be the genuine Aguero successor alongside Jesus.

I can certainly see that. He has a strikers touch in front of goal as well. His first against the dippers being a prime example. I do think Pep is trying to get them to play different positions along the forward line and show total flexibility thus Leroy and Raz have both played in the middle this season with some success. It bodes well that already Raz, Leroy, gabby and Kun have all waded in with 18? Goals between them this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.