Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late for him to leave. I don’t even understand Bayern’s raging hard-on for Sane. Other than being German he is not going to turn them back into the dominant force they were with Robben and Ribery. There a lot of alternatives that they could have signed but they wasted all summer fantasising about Sane.

Now on the topic of Sane’s decision, he is still a rough diamond. He was abused by German fans (+Bayern) for his abysmal performances for the national team pre world cup and he will be blamed at Bayern because he is far from being the finished product. We are a lot more lenient with Sane’s performances but if he were to have a season like his previous at Bayern, their fans would have their pitchforks out. Obviously it is his decision but I sincerely hope he tries to develop into the player he is supposed to be rather than running away.
It's the Bundesliga. Ribery and Robben were leading players there when they were well past it. Sancho rips up trees in that league. Sane woud find it very easy, but ultimately he'll be a better player if he stays at City. If he wants to be the star, go to Bayern. If he wants to improve as a footballer, stay at City. It's a good choice to have.

The only thing that tells you is that he reads this message board. Where else have City fans expressed the opinion that Bayern are tapping up the player?

If City have taken that angle, then that's a smart position to take. You only want players who want to play for you - genuinely. And this way City will find out whether Sane has got the hunger to be a really top footballer at City. I don't believe he wants to joinn Bayern, because if he did, this deal would have been done a long time ago. Bayern have been talking to him and his agent for ages. So unless he's been playing them for money, I don't think he's as keen as DC thinks. Realistically Castles probably does know a bit more than we do, seeing as he knows people in the game, agents etc, but I rthink lot of a football journalist's comment is just educated insight and psychology.

Seeing as Pep says we are not talking to Bayern, Castles saying we are, just follows on from his usual routine of trying to undermine Pep Guardiola, & City, imo.

Unless the situation has changed since Pep's last comments.

Tomorrows press conference will be interesting. Wonder whether Pep will stick to the we want Leroy to stay and sign a new contract message

Not sure we really in for Cancelo myself Italian media and lying agents.
I think we have negotiated an agreement, but I am not sure we will push the go button on the transfer whilst we have Danilo. It doesn't make much sense, unless we are prepared to let Danilo go on very favourable terms.
Seeing as Pep says we are not talking to Bayern, Castles saying we are, just follows on from his usual routine of trying to undermine Pep Guardiola, & City, imo.

Unless the situation has changed since Pep's last comments.
That attitude only makes sense whilst his wagon was hitched to Mourinho. It's not in DC's interest's to be Mourinho's mouthpiece any more although his past may have coloured his opinion. People normally end up doing what is best for them, at least they do whilst they behave rationally.

If Leroy plays on Sunday he is staying.

If City and Bayern really are in negotiations, City won't risk Leroy in case he get's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.