Lescott And Toure

I have never slagged a City player and never will.......Constructive critisism is fine but slating someone at a personal level is OTT.

Nothing bad to say about either of them. Toure has and will continue to give his all for the shirt, while Lescott will improve, he has been fair to middling so far, but any partnership needs a little time to grow.

Sort our back 4 out and we will be serious challengers for everything, cos scoring goals isn't a problem!

now before anyone shoots me down, please bear in mind i am only throwing this one open.....

as was proved yesterday, without Ade obviously, we are still shocking at set pieces - could have conceded 4 or 5 yesterday from free kicks or corners.

is it worth when everyone is fit having a look at:

Kolo........Ned..........Kompany.........Lescott (Ned and Kolo could be swapped around depending on preference...)

other than Ade we have relatively short players throughout rest of side and maybe finding a line up that includes 4 big fellas may make us better at defending the afore mentioned set pieces?

You're all not seeing what's right in front of you.....our defence is in chaos from crosses because Given has NO command of the 6 yard box. He is glued to his line like a subbuteo goalie on a stick and his inability to command, his lack of confidence is causing confusion and hesitance in the defenders.... all his shouting doesn't cover this glaring inadequacy.
The reason he saves so many is precisely because he allows the chances to happen....and nobody criticises him because he doesn't come off the line at all so you never see him mess up a punch out or mishandle a cross....he leaves them all!!!!!!!!
Joe Hart is a better all round keeper ....he messes up some crosses but he has the confidence to come for them. There's much more to keeping goal than being a great shot-stopper (as Given undoubtedly is) and we should get Joe back asap...... he is the future and we've messed up badly here. Joe plays with a smile and a cockiness that gives defenders confidence..... when Fletcher headed that goal both Given and the defender should have had the ball first but hesitation was infectious and the moment was gone....you watch the games and you'll see it....Given's a FANTASTIC stopper but a LOUSY commander of the area.

themoment said:
You're all not seeing what's right in front of you.....our defence is in chaos from crosses because Given has NO command of the 6 yard box. He is glued to his line like a subbuteo goalie on a stick and his inability to command, his lack of confidence is causing confusion and hesitance in the defenders.... all his shouting doesn't cover this glaring inadequacy.
The reason he saves so many is precisely because he allows the chances to happen....and nobody criticises him because he doesn't come off the line at all so you never see him mess up a punch out or mishandle a cross....he leaves them all!!!!!!!!
Joe Hart is a better all round keeper ....he messes up some crosses but he has the confidence to come for them. There's much more to keeping goal than being a great shot-stopper (as Given undoubtedly is) and we should get Joe back asap...... he is the future and we've messed up badly here. Joe plays with a smile and a cockiness that gives defenders confidence..... when Fletcher headed that goal both Given and the defender should have had the ball first but hesitation was infectious and the moment was gone....you watch the games and you'll see it....Given's a FANTASTIC stopper but a LOUSY commander of the area.

I'd put your tin hat on for that fella as your sure to come under fire now.

I think you make a fair point and said so yesterday that Berbatov's two headers were down to the fact Given stayed on his line (great saves but possibly could have been avoided). Also Fletchers two headers could possibly have been claimed by a keeper who regularly comes for the ball. Still think Shay is ahead of Joe for now though but if he could come for the ball with confidence i'd say it could possibly make him the best keeper in the world.

I said during the pursuit of Lescott that he is no better than Ned, I've seen nothing to change that opinion yet. Toure is class but needs a better partner than he currently has.

themoment said:

Hart, well known for commanding his box and a better all round keeper than Given - PMSL! Pure unadulterated comedy genius there from themoment, I thank you sir.

Toure is a different class.

Did not have his best game yesterday but nevertheless is a great leader.

Lescott I think will be good just needs a little longer to settle in and unscrew his head!

themoment said:

Hi Joe, how you enjoying it in Brum?

in all seriousness i agree about Shay and his commanding of the box, he is though an exceptional keeper which is why we need to concentrate on winning the headers and leave the shot stopping to Shay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.